Ice Station Wampa

The general tone of this: 20110407233700Midgar-construction.jpg

Make a poll and have us vote on it!

Hmm i think the best will be green but with a little with blue.

And try one time with the lower light. The fog shows many thins even without the light.

I'll give blue a shot and then figure out how to post a poll. I'm not sure how to do that.That'll give enough colors.

Langerd likes this

Barring the brain chamber room, I finished the elevator, doors, some detailing & lighting, and corrections to the brewery floor. Going to start putting in sounds and NPC's next which shouldn't take too long. Same goes for the computer messages.  I also went back to my second level, the waste treatment area, and put some Narshadda green fog over the green waste to make it look a bit eerie. Hopefully this thing is nearing completion.

Langerd likes this

The fog in jk is a little shitty because it doesnt work with light at all. I think you should make a dark fog and just add a light but not very strong.

It'll be alright as it is. A good game or a fun level is more important than eye candy. 

Found a FANATASTIC site for sounds the other day, and low and behold, they actually have Brewery sounds! I got bottles clanking, a packing machine running, and general ambience MP3's for on the production floor. Prettty cool stuff. 

http://www.freesfx.co.uk/

You just need to create an account... like we all don't have enough of those already. But, they are high quality and game ready.

Langerd likes this

It'll be alright as it is. A good game or a fun level is more important than eye candy. 

Found a FANATASTIC site for sounds the other day, and low and behold, they actually have Brewery sounds! I got bottles clanking, a packing machine running, and general ambience MP3's for on the production floor. Prettty cool stuff. 

http://www.freesfx.co.uk/

You just need to create an account... like we all don't have enough of those already. But, they are high quality and game ready.

Right :P But i think that the style and the atmosphere should be a part of the gameplay too.

Got the first portion of the final map completed with NPC's and ambient sounds. I also opened up the prisoner skin from JO in The Gimp last night and spent some time trying to figure out to be "artful". I managed to remove the black stripes fairly well and added a large "P" to the chest of the prisoner. I didn't load it in game or anything. I'm thinking I'm just going to put a big P on the back of the prisoner torso. I think I'm going to modify the blue texture since I can use color tools to lighten or darken it up easily.

As of today things are moving ahead pretty quick.

I am finishing up the beer vat NPC's now and as far as bad guys go, I'll only have the final battle on the brewery floor to add. I do have to get around to making my new prisoner skin as well as scripting the final cutscene. There is one of those "rooms you can see into but can't go into " places that is going to have some scripting in it as well. I also still have the computer terminal messages to make in the final map which I may start working on this evening. 

Boothand likes this

From an old war movie I saw the prisoners had the big P on their shirts to signify they were prisoners. If I use the Star Wars specific font for a P the whole parallel drawn may be lost. 

My bad :)

But the idea is simple but nice.

It's no big deal.

It would be the same with the computer terminals I made that have e-mail messages and stuff. If I wrote them in the Star Wars alphabet then people would have to decrypt them by taking a screenshot and doing it out of game. Now, I made signs that look real world that use the proper fonts but you can tell by the symbol what it represents.

Langerd likes this

Here is the updated Prisoner. I used a larger font and it turned out better than previous attempts.

Also, got the scripting problem solved and now I have Prisoners and Stormtroopers basically ignoring each other and the Prisoners ignoring everything. 

As of now I have to make a few more e-mail messages as well as one more for the labs level to explain the story a bit better. After that I think I'm going to fix the level transitions. So, if anyone has the proper setup to go from map 1 to map 2, map 2 to map 3, and so on.. post it up here.

Then, the final cutscene will done. This will pretty much finish my entire project.

shot0253_zps4b5f5235.jpg

Well I thought I had it when correct but i think someone who tested my maps, not sure if it was @Boothand or @Onysfx said the maps didn't transition properly, but, on my end they did. 

The transition happened, but it didn't save my progress in terms of health, weaponry or other items - quite the contrary, I evolved into a Jedi master and got a lightsaber each time a level transition occured :)

The transition happened, but it didn't save my progress in terms of health, weaponry or other items - quite the contrary, I evolved into a Jedi master and got a lightsaber each time a level transition occured :)

Well that IS NOT going to happen when its released!!!  :lol:

Just tick keep_prev on info_player_start.

Boothand likes this