Ice Station Wampa

Got all the conveyor belts working properly.  Learned that a func_train ( whatever you want to move or ride on) doesn't have to be on the map in its exact location when tied to a path_corner. You can stick them anywhere on the map and they'll spawn on the path_corner they are tied to.

Now comes the fun part. Making the final encounter...

shot0237_zps1c2fbf10.jpg

I decided to go against a human and make some sort of artificial intelligence or whatever. The yellow light is a Yavin shader that I'm hopefulyl going to make red. Its similar to the HAL 9000 eye and will be protruding out from the rest of the thing. It'll also be angled down a bit so its aimed at the player.  I'm going to put some water about 3/4 up in the brain canister. Then, going to build up the bottom and back of this area into some sort of supercomputer or something similar. 

z3filus, Langerd and Barricade24 like this

Maybe make a model of the big brain in blender :D With cabels and other stuff

Don't know how to use Blender and I don't plan on learning it for this project. Otherwise, I'd have to go back and re-do too much. This is a cutscene anyhow so you'll mainly see the "eye". I plan on having this thing raise up from the floor so it'll be alright the way it is for my purposes.

I like it Jeff.  New and Fresh idea.  That would make a great admin room asset.  "The Big Brain sees everything"

Well, we can't all make kill 40 reborn in one map maps.. hehehe

Well, this robot or droid or intelligence, enhanced with the brain, is in charge. I got the idea from a computerized voice I used in my second map. A voice warns the stormtroopers that an intruder is present and whatnot. Well, This was supposed to be a droid that aided the commander saying this message. Now, I'm just going to have it be this thing. I'm redoing this room a tad with a walkway instead of a floor. This brain-entity will be suspended somehow and when the player walks up to it the eye-part will raise and move to the player. (probably script it) and then the thing will speak. 

The player will be silent, kinda like Gordon Freeman. Then, it'll end somehow. I know how but I'm not telling.  :lol:

z3filus likes this

shot0238_zpsbe82f721.jpg

Been messing about with this for a bit today. I decided the ceiling, starting where the two pipes go into, is going to be the computer processors. It'll expand out to the side a bit to down the sides of the brain chamber. The'yll be some spires and other things sticking down from the ceiling. Below are some thicker cables that run under the walkway. 

Inside the brain chamber I'm going to have some sort of yellow/green fluid that the brain is sitting in.

Finished the ceiling and decided to play around with the lighting. Here are both near and far shots of the room with some lighting in.  I moved the "eye" to the left a bit so you can see the brain chamber better. I think I'm going to look to alternatives to the eye. I'm kinda liking just a brain in the tube idea. Maybe I can do the ol' tried and true Star Wars tactic and use a protocol droid to translate for the brain. Who knows. 

shot0242_zpsaa767e01.jpg

shot0241_zps135efbca.jpg

Boothand and Langerd like this