Star Wars Rebels

One thing I don't like about Rebels is that it doesn't really seem as dark as it should in the days of the Empire. TCW captured that feeling perfectly in the Temple Bombing arc, and the Empire wasn't even official yet even though you could tell it was headed in that direction with the way the Jedi were helpless to control the system, the clones were becoming colder, Tarkin spearheaded an imposition, the prison dungeon & the courts looked a bit more like the Death Star, and so on. With Rebels, it's just kind of silly.

EDIT: For some reason, they turned the Empire into a huge joke. I find it... regrettable.

Sithani likes this

I think, the show is closer to Episode IV. It wasn't really that dark as Episode III. 20 years have passed, and the blurriness between Dark and Light, Good and Evil is no longer needed: the Empire replaced it all, name it the Republic, the Trade Federation, Jedi Order, Naboo Peace festival or Boonta Eve Podracing.

So basically Lothal represents, what we see on Tatooine. The difference is perhaps, that Lothal was a more civilized world, while Tatooine remains the same no matter what happens (Czerka Corporation or the Empire).

The thing that the Empire is obviously and easily fooled by a group of freedom fighters, most of whom are either too young or simply amateurs regarding battles, should be taken through the scope of those, who represent the Empire: some over self-confident Imperial officers, agent Kallus and Minister Maketh Tua. And the Inquisitor.

While the Minister seems to understand to some degree, what is happening, others seem not.

I must say, that not only @Intone , but also Moff Tarkin is among those, who feel it's so regrettable someone fools the Empire around and even makes public laugh of that. However the incompetence, which caused this, results in most unfunny consequences.

Sigh. If a rebellion story was going to involve Ahsoka, they should have maintained a timeframe close to after she left the Jedi Order and stuck to her current character. I thought she was a vast improvement (mid-way season 3 to season 5), considering I used to want to hit her in the face with a rusty bandsaw every time she made a noise (in the movie to mid-way season 3), and after she matured, it was a greater sign of potential and composure and such and I genuinely appreciated her character and her role in things. I'm not sure how to feel about her being what she is now, but meh.

But hey, I guess it can't hurt to have this, now, can it?

rebels2.jpeg

Whether or not her involvement is now a good and appreciable or bad and disappointing idea depends on how she's put to use, but this looks very promising. It's the main reason I look forward to Season 2. :>

dark_apprentice likes this

YES! Rebels is going to be 10x better!

• Ahsoka Tano may have a more prominent role.
  • Captain Rex is back, but not as a soldier within the Empire, and he's going to fight with the rebels. :>
  • Did you guys see Hondo Ohnaka too? Yes, yes, yes...
  • Two new Inquisitors. Sick. I bet that female Inquisitor is Barriss Offee. It's not impossible. Dave Filoni said he still had plans for her character. Maybe she fell to the dark side completely now.
  • Darth Vader is going to change the scale of villainy.
  • I heard Palpatine's voice. :o
  • Did you guys see Zeb holding a clone trooper's minigun? Mm...
  • Darth Vader is going to dominate Kanan and Ezra. I can tell.
  • No words for my impatience here. I'm very excited.

Who are those two Inquisitors one of them looks like a dark skinned Chiss or a humanoid species and the other is obviously  Bariss.Looks like the early Alliance has some extra allies in their fight against the Empire.

Not a fan of the new look of Rex, he's seems a bit too buff. I love the look of the AT-TE with all the extra stuff they added to it. Great to see Hondo returning, still curious whether Gregor will make an appearance.

@@IrocJeff

Which TFA trailer you referring to?

The one they just released. Its was good.. could've done without the force family tree stuff we've known about since , oh, 1983. They could have cut that out and put some of the plot in.

Like I said, its not a bad trailer, its just not the greatest thing ever, either.

Did you expect him to be younger after the end the of the Clone Wars.I think maybe its his age and that hes been hiding out in a scavenged  AT-TE.

I expected him to be older, but he's a lot bigger, where clones are naturally thin, not buff.

Much better trailer than the Episode 7 one...

Well, this one certainly has more drama in it. Although, the Episode 7 one is just a teaser for now, while this is a full trailer.

While at first thought I don't like the idea of mixing The Clone Wars and Rebels, the way they seem to have done that here does make sense, as the times do overlap... The only one that seems really out-of-place for me here is Ahsoka, mostly because of her changed character traits, and her young voice and appearance.

The rest of the cast seems good to me. I look forward to watching Season One of Rebels now, from start to finish.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that Ahsoka will be killed towards the end of the Rebels series. Her new character is prepped that way. Not sure if Vader will be the one to kill her -- probably not -- but it's very likely that she will die.

I think I will just make-pretend that this Ahsoka is an android clone of the real Ahsoka. It'll give me peace. ;)