Star Wars Rebels

What ever happened to her master?

Luminara Unduli died. Her Force spirit appears in Season 1 of Rebels, on the Imperial ship. But the circumstances of her death are really strange, mysterious, from the feels of it...

As to why she did not appear at Ahsoka's trial, it's a mystery...

@@Cerez

Who taught Anakin to Force Choke? :3

Good point, but I guess Anakin always had it in him with all that rageful temperament from his youth. He chokes like other Jedi use telekinesis -- it comes natural to him. :P

Barriss, on the other hand, has been taught nothing but peace and moderation from youth, so it's quite out of character for her to pull a strong Force choke like that, blindly across a whole room, no less! Unless the Barriss we thought we knew is not the Barriss she really is...

Edit:

And I'm sorry but, Ahsoka's face looks too goofy when she gasps. Damned animation.

Never would have happened with The Clone Wars visual style. ;)

I watched the first season, so I feel a need to also watch the second one.

Vader will go after them now??  whoah.... but what is up with that thinner-than-pencil lightsaber ?? 

They did that because they wanted to return to the original trilogy style sabers. Appeal to peoples nostalgia I suppose.

They did that because they wanted to return to the original trilogy style sabers. Appeal to peoples nostalgia I suppose.

It's just stylisation. First they made it thicker, now they made it thinner... Makes you wonder if it would really hurt them so much to just keep the blades normal size... :P

NumberWan likes this

@@Cerez

I don't think the Force choking thing is really dependent on emotions or alignment to the Force, actually. You could call it Force Crush if you wanted. Even Mace Windu used it (though uncanonically, the point still stands) to crush Grievous's throat, and then there's Luke, who Force choked two Gamorreans as soon as he walked into Jabba's Palace. And Ahsoka Force choked a Trandoshan, as well.

As Kyle Katarn would say:

"Remember: abilities are not inherently good or evil, it's how you use them."

Cerez likes this

You're right, @! That's a very good point! It seems Force crush/choke is almost as common as telekinesis among Jedi. (Maybe it's even related to it somehow?)

However, it still happened without seeing the target, across a wall, which should imply that the killer was rather skilled with the Force, and Barriss didn't seem so skilled with it in her fights. She relied more on agility and tactical advantage than her Force powers. It may be that she killed Letta out of fear that she would talk, but my guess is that another, more experienced Dark Jedi was involved.

Edit: I feel that somehow all this points back to Palpatine/Sidious. Listen to his speech again, and pay close attention to how he words the introduction to the trial.

What happened, and the fact that a Jedi was involved helps build further distrust in the Jedi across the Republic, which serves the Sith cause. I don't think Barriss knew the full extent of what she was involved in. I think she may have been persuaded by someone to do what she did... and that someone wasn't Letta.

yeah I belive I've read that somewhere else too, that there is not dark or light, only the Force which can be used in many ways. For good or bad.
just think about episode 2, when Yoda confronts Dooku, the Sith tries the electrify Yoda when he had to only raise his hands to make this attempt useless,
thus it was not evil Force that Yoda absorbed but simply the Force  that had the form of lightning. Force is everything around us, that combines us  -quote

I don't watch TCW, but I'd say any jedi could choke a person if they wanted to do so

Now that looked more like Star Wars. The scale of events is far larger than what we see in Season 1, and Vader actually acts and speaks the way he would. Perhaps it's of the voice, but probably the team managed to recreate the body language of the Sith Lord.

I guess the next episode would involve the Clones.

They should have used Vader's voice actor from TFU though. James Earl Jones sounds a bit off right now. I'm hoping it'll be one of those things where Dave Filoni uses the actual actor of the character for its first appearance and uses someone even better later. I think he did that with Mace and Dooku for TCW.