Star Wars Rebels

I haven't seen Episode 9 yet, but I have a feeling that Episode 11 would include Lando Calrissian. The preview shows a bit of him and while it deals with gambling, this character is most likely to make an appearance. 

A little later

Well, I watched the episode. Nothing too special, if you ask me. Probably because I feel thrilled only when I see a new character in a story, but here we have the minimum of the already known characters. The mountain and its surroundings look like those of Ilum, but it feel strange, that the Jedi would use such places to test their padawans.

This episode also rises a few questions. How would Kanan know of this place? It was mentioned, that the holocron had many clues, but nevertheless we might notice, that have only a few backstories known. I guess, this might mean, that Kanan might be from Lothal himself, and he returned here just like Revan did at some point - "it was a call of home" - the phrase Kreia says, when saying why Revan would defend the Outer Rim from enemies.

The new lightsaber looks strange, I agree. The picture explains, that it's also a blaster. Kanan is the first (probably) Jedi, who is using crude weapons of this kind, so Ezra might be following his steps. 

6G-B_4E9vP0.jpg

ummm... I like SW Rebels. Just seen the 8 episodes yesterday and definetly I like it. Al least, I like it much more than Episode I, II, III and The Clone Wars thing. Actually, I hate the new esthetic from the new trilogy and it's story-line and it's ridiculous scripts, so it's easy to make it better. 

SW Rebels is for childs? Maybe... as it is episode IV, V and VI. But while episode I, II and III is for ultra-childs (somebody may say for retarded childs), episode IV, V and VI (and in the same way, SW Rebels) not.

So, this is the first time since episodes IV, V and VI that I can watch in the screen a Star Wars move, film or episode without feeling a vicarious embarrassment,  :D  And, why not, I'm 37 years old (born the same year Star Wars did), and I like when something brings out the child I have inside,  :P

the never ending old .vs new battle. And I can see why that can affect on anyones opinon about the SW: Rebels. I liked the show at start, but now I have to agree with @@hleV.

this is shit

Of course, the never ending old vs. new battle. But this is the first time I talk about it anywhere online (it took me 15 years to recover myself after The Phantom Manace shock, :D  ). I just say it once, and that's all, and I'm not interested in go in depth with this "battle". If somebody likes the new trilogy, I'm happy for him, and about tastes, nothing.

About the new lightsaber... well, it's just ONE thing "bad". In the other side, in The Phantom Manace, there's is only one thing "good":  Darth Maul's lightsaber. So... no need to say anything else, cause as I said, I don't want to go in depth with this "battle". Just my taste.

And well, this is talking and sharing opinions. I wouldn't call it "shit". But you can call it as you want, of course,  :winkthumb:

What?

I think it's odd that while you say you don't like the prequels, and that there is only one good thing about it, you also state that you don't want to further discuss it.  You're just throwing oil into the flames.

It's good to have different opinions, but it's never good to end the given opinion with a sentence similar to; "....but let's not talk about that"  that basically means, is " I am right, you are wrong, let's be quiet. "

StarWars: Rebels has some good aspects to it, such as the visual style, that is inspired by the Original Trilogy's concept art (by Ralph McQuarrie) but it's still very easy story to follow, with simple characters.

And this new saber design was a bad choise, probably inspired be the new hilt seen in the teaser of The Force Awakens. It's also much fun to watch, for the kids, if the hero is presented as the new Luke or Anakin.

Which is exactly what Ezra's character is supposed to be.  Just a new Hero, that doesn't even mean anything to the Canon  StarWars.

What?

I think it's odd that while you say you don't like the prequels, and that there is only one good thing about it, you also state that you don't want to further discuss it.  You're just throwing oil into the flames.

It's good to have different opinions, but it's never good to end the given opinion with a sentence similar to; "....but let's not talk about that"  that basically means, is " I am right, you are wrong, let's be quiet. "

Ummm, I didn't mean that. Sorry if I can't explain myself quite good. I'm not used to write or speak english, so sorry if I don't explain myself. What I would like to say is that all of this we are talking about is very subjetive. And then you said "the never ending old vs. new battle". So I said: ok, let's stop this battle if you don't like it.

It's just about taste, and when it's about taste, nobody is "right" and nobody is "wrong". We can "argumentate" about tastes, but we cannot "demonstrate" good tastes or bad tastes. I hope you understand me now, and that's why I don't want to go in depth with this "battle". In the other side, this topic is about Rebels, not about the new vs. the old trilogy. So you are right when you say this is not the best place to talk about that "battle". I just need to say it once, and to explain why I like Rebels: cause it's closer to the old trilogy than to the new one, and I like the old one, not the new. Just that. Of course, there are other reasons why I like SW Rebels (as there are other things that I don't like from Rebels), but this one (that is closer to the old trilogy) is important for me.

z3filus likes this

After a while it grows on you i really don't give a damn about the old vs new as long as its good it'll be fine.I understand that the script might be cheesy at times but we all have to put up with in the meantime.As for the lightsaber hilt and character I think Erza is more a place holder for Luke at the time and he'll get killed off or disappear like most characters do.People need to learn to put up with what we've got.

As for the lightsaber hilt and character I think Erza is more a place holder for Luke at the time and he'll get killed off or disappear like most characters do.

Actually I hope this too; after all, Yoda says in Episode VI:

"[...] when gone am I, the last of the Jedi, will you be."

And it's interesting considering that Yoda knows about Kanan and Ezra...

The new lightsaber looks strange, I agree. The picture explains, that it's also a blaster. Kanan is the first (probably) Jedi, who is using crude weapons of this kind, so Ezra might be following his steps.

I think Disney is getting Star Wars confused with their Pirates of the Carribbean! His saber looks like a Cutlass.

6G-B_4E9vP0.jpg

POTCVisual_JackSword.jpg

NumberWan likes this

@@Archangel35757

It was the tradition of Star Wars from the start to copy things from real life world. =) Be it the Leia's hairstyle (Pre-European Latin American hairstyle of females), the planet Naboo (word taken from ancient language just like Padme = Lotus, and Amidala = beauty in ancient languages of Mesopotamia, if not mistaken), Coruscant style (New York art-deco), Galactic Empire (the Nazi), Trade Federation (East India Company), battle droids (African totems in appearance), Valley of the Dark Lords (valley of Kings in Egypt), etc. =)

Speaking of Clone Wars - it became much better when it introduced other sides than the Republic and CIS, as well as showed the struggle not just between the Jedi and the Sith or clones vs droids, but showed ambitious politicians or corrupted senators, mysterious beings and others. Most people don't like the episodes covering the Senate affairs in the show, but I did enjoy seeing the conflict from a very different perspective - for instance from the point of view of a separatist (and I mean not Nute Gunray, no).

As for Episodes I-III - I don't see too much childish stuff in there. For me the prequels show the era, that was ended by Palpatine, when people rarely thought of philosophical aspects and morales, but rather relied on technologies, political power and money, clinging upon legislation and debates on Coruscant as if could save them from threats ahead, with the Republic being the absolute of everything. The Original trilogy shows, that the true leitmotif - not of their time, but perhaps in entire Star Wars timeline - would be revealed far from the busy capital, among the swamps of Dagobah, in the coldness of Hoth and among the deep forests of Endor. 

(and besides, it would be worse, if the prequels surpassed the OT, wouldn't it?)

Anyways what I like about Rebels is that while the episodes develop mostly around only a few ideas for now, it inherited some ideas true to all Star Wars, probably stronger than some other materials, released of late.