Star Wars Rebels

Strangely I forgot to mention, but have you noticed what kind of disc Ezra is actually holding in "Empire Day"?

It's of the same design as the disc which included a message of Kyle Katarn 's father and which is found by 8T88. Family droid of Katarns is capable of reading such discs.

Yeah, I noticed that. A pretty cool connection.

• 4 weeks later...

This show is honestly really growing on me. At first I thought it was just an immature version of the Clone Wars show, but it's honestly pretty cool. When I first saw Ezra do some force jump dive rolling building parkour like it was nothing I was just like o_O. Plus as I look at more of the episodes the themes and character interaction is more mature than my first impression.

My only genuine criticism right now, is that as usual, the stormtroopers are portrayed as mostly unskilled. They're not terrible, just not good. I wish they could just for once be characterized the way they were supposed to be like in the opening to ANH where they board the Tantive easily, and then Obi says "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise...". Of course the Heros would still outmatch them, but you could just do a quick thing like...

Hero character narrowly dodges a few close shots, then says "These guys have good aim, better not give them a clear shot!" or something. It's not like it would be that hard to do :P

NumberWan, Circa and z3filus like this

TCW has magic, zombies, Force users hundreds of times more powerful than anything we will ever see in the movies (talking about the light/dark/their father thing), alive Maul, magic world of ghosts (Yoda sequence), etc. You can point out any good thing about TCW and it still won't beat all that crap it introduced.

So?

They need to make new content, and there's nothing bad about the things you mentioned. Well, Maul being alive maybe isn't the best idea and is pretty cheesy, as well as the powerful force users, but there's nothing wrong with the other things. 

So?

They need to make new content, and there's nothing bad about the things you mentioned. Well, Maul being alive maybe isn't the best idea and is pretty cheesy, as well as the powerful force users, but there's nothing wrong with the other things. 

It absolutely is, because it derives from what the SW movie atmosphere and introduces childish and uninteresting non-Star Wars-ish shit.

Having actually seen Rebels, its eh, decent. Not amazing, but not as bad as expected really. Some of the humour is actually surprisingly kind of funny, which I like.

One small thing about the animation: Is it just me, or does Zebs walk look slightly odd in certain scenes? It looks normal when he runs,  but the couple of scenes that show him walking at a normal pace, he sort of looks like he is about to fall forwards or something. Maybe its just me

This show is pretty good. I'm pleased. Of course it's still a kids show, and going in with that mindset helps in accepting it for what it is. But I like it more than the Clone Wars so far.

I think they may be rushing Ezra's training though. He's doing a lot more with the Force than he probably should be.

It's a wonder, that currently all of my shows are scheduled for 2015: Star Wars Rebels, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. The only latest thing I watched as series is the Over the Garden Wall.

This always bothers me with shows. I like when its week by week not split seasons. They did this with Breaking Bad and I got pissed. Big Bang Theory is on about a 1 month break as well. I also forgot to watch The Middle this season so I'll have to catch up with those online sometime. We have a TV channel here called MeTV which shows a bunch of older shows and I've been tuning in every week for Lost in Space and Get Smart. Even watch Dragnet every night, lol. 

I find myself on Youtube watching Britcoms over and over again like Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Get Some In, Open all Hours, ect.. Hell, ALF is even back up so I've been watching that again.

This show is pretty good. I'm pleased. Of course it's still a kids show, and going in with that mindset helps in accepting it for what it is. But I like it more than the Clone Wars so far.

I think they may be rushing Ezra's training though. He's doing a lot more with the Force than he probably should be.

I kinda like that he's not really getting any "formal' training. It makes him way more interesting this way. Otherwise will have Jedi Council 2.0 on the ship and it'll be boring and wooden. 

I kinda like that he's not really getting any "formal' training. It makes him way more interesting this way. Otherwise will have Jedi Council 2.0 on the ship and it'll be boring and wooden.

I like that too. I was referring to the things he's able to do so early. But I guess since he's older it would be more heard of.
Kessno likes this

Am I the only one displeased by the voice acting done for The Inquisitor? I mean, it's Jason Isaacs but the Inquisitor's voice acting sounds cheesy and half-assed IMO. :/

I actually like the voice work, so maybe it's you. :P or me. :huh:

I actually like the voice work, so maybe it's you. :P or me. :huh:

It's actually odd. I recall, from watching a preview of the Inquisitor, a better take on this specific line: "Your devotion to your Master is admirable, but it will not save you. Nothing can." But in the actual episode, Gathering Forces, they used a less powerful one.

As for the voice overall, eh... It could have been more unique, IMO--given Utapauns certainly had an interestingly different alien accent in Episode III and TCW's Crisis on Utapau episode reel. But he just sounds like a cheesier version of the male Sith Warrior. I suppose in some certain points, it's alright--but I'd still prefer something different, or at least more work be put into the voice acting itself. In Gathering Forces, there was this one particular line I couldn't stand, and not because of the writing but rather because of its pronunciation.

"Ah, yes, [said rather quickly and unsubtely--in fact, almost awkwardly rushed IMO] good, good, [fades to a bland unbalance of volume from blunt to quiet] unleash your anger. [Coughs on a badly intertwined laugh.]"

• 2 weeks later...