Level 1: Nar shaddaa

I'm currently doing up lighting and adding details room-by-room, starting from the player spawn.

I did try and borrow a few brushes/patches from the original DF2 mod team's map, but its in a super small grid size and mine is primarily Grid 4 with a few rare spots of Grid 2. Too much time to resize, so Just using it for refs really. Also using JK2's narshadda maps for reference to try and capture the same feel.

• 2 weeks later...

There's always an interesting balance between absolute authenticity and upgrading because art assets are so much better now; I think the later screen shots show that perfect balance between the old and new. Its amazing to see so much ressurected from the old and brought to our familiar medium. Great work!

You mentioned spotting 8T88 in once instance. What model are you using for him?

Been a while, but here we go:

- Structure & textures: 90%

- Details: 75%

- Lighting: 65%

- Doors/lifts working: 100%

- Item placement & NPCs: 90%

- Ambient Sounds: 50%

- Level Music: 100%

- Secret Areas: 0%

- Vis: 90%

I've also added:

- goodie crates throughout the level, mostly contain useable bacta like JK2.

- skiff flies towards the player, stops and NPCs attack you. Then upon killing all NPCs, the skiff will slam into a wall and explode.

There are some cool things that I could show off, but I'm going to hold off until they are in a more finished state. ;)

Circa and Barricade24 like this

Good....GOOD....GEWD!!!!!!!!!!

UNLIMITED POWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11...and skiffs

Are you under the illusion that if you continue to repeat this along with the JEDI ARE TAKING OVER shit, that it will magically transfer from being annoying to funny? Repetition is not helping you.

Been a while, but here we go:

- Structure & textures: 90%

- Details: 75%

- Lighting: 65%

- Doors/lifts working: 100%

- Item placement & NPCs: 90%

- Ambient Sounds: 50%

- Level Music: 100%

- Secret Areas: 0%

- Vis: 90%

I've also added:

- goodie crates throughout the level, mostly contain useable bacta like JK2.

- skiff flies towards the player, stops and NPCs attack you. Then upon killing all NPCs, the skiff will slam into a wall and explode.

There are some cool things that I could show off, but I'm going to hold off until they are in a more finished state. ;)

The goodie crates in jk2 were awesome. The bactas were great pickmeups for later on.

Do you have any cutscene work done?

Are you under the illusion that if you continue to repeat this along with the JEDI ARE TAKING OVER shit, that it will magically transfer from being annoying to funny? Repetition is not helping you.

You...want me to stop...don't you? The hate is swelling in you now...my computer is defenseless...take your virus...use it...hack me down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards the darkside will be complete!

No ingame cutscenes, I've got the converted videos set up instead.

Oh so your going to use the videos...how big in filesize do you think they'll come to?

Omicron and Jango40 like this

The goodie crates in jk2 were awesome. The bactas were great pickmeups for later on.

Do you have any cutscene work done?

POWAAAAAAAAH, UNLIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED POWAH

Omicron and Onysfx like this

No ingame cutscenes, I've got the converted videos set up instead.

I noticed that there are weird black renders on the custscenes when played on more contemporary systems, even the version from steam. It happened on numerous computers... I hope that your converted cutscenes will be free of that flaw.

The upgrades with the skiff sound amazing, and who isn't to like goodie boxes?! :D

I know right! I love em. :D

I've converted the videos to avi using bink tools, then ran them through tmpgenc to help reduce some compression artifacts. The end product is very watchable and is free of any weirdness you've mentioned. They will never look as good as if I had the original uncompressed video source to work with the devs of the original game had though, but I do what I can. :P

ZanderNao likes this

I know right! I love em. :D

I've converted the videos to avi using bink tools, then ran them through tmpgenc to help reduce some compression artifacts. The end product is very watchable and is free of any weirdness you've mentioned. They will never look as good as if I had the original uncompressed video source to work with the devs of the original game had though, but I do what I can. :P

LOL Of course we all dream for the original video, but it sounds like you've made it as good as running it when it was a brand new game which is all I could ever hope for. By that alone you are my hero.

DT. and Onysfx like this

I have a note to mention about cutscene work. To avoid any potential copyright issues, should we also voice the rendered scenes?

...We will be using the engine to render them, right? Whatever the case, finding voices shouldn't be hard. The voices in the game were pretty generic.

As a side note, stormtrooper conversations are a must.

Circa, Barricade24 and Onysfx like this