Level 1: Nar shaddaa

I've tried to recover my login info but I think one would need to contact the admin to see about setting up a profile. 

It really sucks that you can no longer register at massassi temple, Ibanez/Zell's last activity was yesterday..... :\

That guy is a brilliant mapper and totally transformed Narshadda.

Nothing much to really show off, but I've made my first diagonal moving lift. :D For those who have played DF2 and know narshadda, you should know basically where I'm upto lol. :P

Now for some stats:

- Structure & textures: 40%

- Lighting: 15%

- Doors/lifts working: 40%

- Item placement & NPCs: 30%

- Skybox: 0%

- Vis: 0%

Circa and Barricade24 like this

Nothing much to really show off, but I've made my first diagonal moving lift. :D For those who have played DF2 and know narshadda, you should know basically where I'm upto lol. :P

Now for some stats:

- Structure & textures: 40%

- Doors/lifts working: 40%

- Item placement & NPCs: 30%

- Vis: 0%

Don't forget to add that new Gran of mine when it is up. ;)

DT85 likes this

Finally finished polluting the diagonal lift area with crates, enemy npcs, items, 3 cranes, 2 droids.....and no questions asked. :P

Stats:

- Structure & textures: 50%

- Doors/lifts working: 50%

- Item placement & NPCs: 40%

You might be going "yo DT, where's the screens at?" Well, I haven't lit the new areas and full bright doesn't do the overall look much justice. However, here is the area I'm currently upto:

vtvm.jpg

@@Barricade24.  You are thinking of ibanez and omnisu yes?  I know ibanez is still active over on the Massassii temple forums.  I dont recall my log in other

wise I would have contacted them. 

Yeah, he's known as Zell at the Massassi Temple forums. I guess you could reach him for there, but if I remember correctly, he once told that he didn't have the files for his JK level remakes anymore... but I can't remember the exact situation :\

Level 1: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?53704-side-project

Level 4: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?55819-let-s-see-what-this-saber-can-do

Are you purely worried about aesthetics here? Your first priority for an SP level is scripting and combat(aka gameplay). Doesn't matter if the level looks good if there are just randomly placed NPCs for combat.

Some things were awkward to accomplish with COG scripts and geometry construction in JED. I think you may be falling into a trap of trying to create a carbon copy rather than an elaboration.

Mayhaps you can send me a beta pk3 of the level so I can give you better feedback?

It won't be an exact copy, however some things will look similar. Right now, I'm setting up structure and basic details along with scripts, item and npc placement. Top priority is to get a route to the end of the level. I will later go back over and add lighting, adjust npcs, add more details and maybe another script or two.

Are you purely worried about aesthetics here? Your first priority for an SP level is scripting and combat(aka gameplay). Doesn't matter if the level looks good if there are just randomly placed NPCs for combat.

While scripting and gameplay are important aspects of SP level creation, I think DT is on the right track with fleshing out his map before placing the scripted entities in it. I find that I'll setup a script in an area, just to erase it and start over because I completely changed that area in question. Plus, as a recreation mod, one of his primary goals is aesthetics and getting the map to look as good and accurate as possible.

@@DT85 - I totally thought that screen was from inside Radient lol - I totally freaked out! Keep up the good work man, you're making great progress! :P

DT85, Futuza and Circa like this

While scripting and gameplay are important aspects of SP level creation, I think DT is on the right track with fleshing out his map before placing the scripted entities in it. I find that I'll setup a script in an area, just to erase it and start over because I completely changed that area in question. Plus, as a recreation mod, one of his primary goals is aesthetics and getting the map to look as good and accurate as possible.

@@DT85 - I totally thought that screen was from inside Radient lol - I totally freaked out! Keep up the good work man, you're making great progress! :P

The primary concern when planning a SP level is gameplay beyond all other considerations. They are not just important aspects, but the most important. Block out the level with the simplest shapes and textures possible and get gameplay in there immediately. You never go the other way around. You'll end up having to make a lot of adjustments to complex geometry when something doesn't work out. Plus, as you brainstorm and sell yourself on new ideas and iterations of combat you may find ways in which you want an area to play out in an alternative manner.

The AI in DF2 was extremely weak. While the AI is pretty weak in this modified Q3a engine, it's still a great improvement over the game he's recreating for. Instead of just having random NPC's bumbling about on combat waypoints, he could have more interesting combat for the user to enjoy. That way they can say, "Oh wow, he really improved on the gameplay. Not just the aesthetics of the level."

Trust me. 

I agree that great gameplay/combat.

Though I also think accuracy is important for recreating the maps too.

The one thing I'm wondering about is if DT85 has considered the gunplay in JA? Because it sucks. I didn't like it in JK either and would just use codes to give myself the saber first thing.