Level 1: Nar shaddaa

If I remember correctly...

Go into GTKRadiant, open up the entity window for the bartender npc, in the key box type "npc_targetname" (without quotes of course) then make the value whatever you want.

Replace NPC_Bartender with the targetname you made, and it should work.

therfiles likes this

How did I not catch that? I'm getting old.

Anyway, did that still not work? Both the script and GTK referenced him as "Bartender"? Hmmmm...make sure it's not the .wav, because sometimes they don't work for me. Try replacing it with a BaseJA line for a test to see if the script itself is actually running. But very strange..should work.

It should come up with an error in the console if it can't play a sound, but I converted it to a 44khz, 16bit mono mp3 file anyways.

None of my scripts are working for some reason. :S

In other news, I've done a temporary menu to skip character & saber select and just load the first level. :P

Well I fixed it.......guess what it was

Slashes MUST be / and NOT be \ for paths!

Got the weapon script working, same with bartender so yay. :D

Please make an issue on the OpenJK tracker about the slashes. We will look into making scripts work properly with the backslashes.
DT. likes this

Thanks. :D

My to-do list is to make the opening scene look like the one in the DF2 "kyle meets 8t88" video, it's very different.

Now seeing as LF is like a ghost town now, how can I contact them?

Yep already doing that, I'm also pinching any sounds I need. ;)

So far, I've run "kyle meets 8t88" through tmpgenc then converted it using roq.exe and didn't lose much quality in the conversion. :D Next up is the intro where I'm using JKA's version of text crawl (with new words of course). I've cut the beginning out up until the text crawl disappears, and the JEDI KNIGHT logo at the end as well.

Circa likes this

DF2 is still being worked on. I'm fine tuning some scripts, finalising the intro text crawl, converting movies and learning more about radiant. Holding off on mapping for DF2 to wait and see if I can obtain the original DF2Mod files. If I can, it will make my version of this map redundant. :P

P.S

I've put in a request for a DF2 mod sub forum, not sure how long that's going to take to get up and running. :)

Circa likes this

DF2 is still being worked on. I'm fine tuning some scripts, finalising the intro text crawl, converting movies and learning more about radiant. Holding off on mapping for DF2 to wait and see if I can obtain the original DF2Mod files. If I can, it will make my version of this map redundant. :P

P.S

I've put in a request for a DF2 mod sub forum, not sure how long that's going to take to get up and running. :)

I remember there was a guy on Lucasforums who did great work on some of the first view Jedi Knight levels. However, since Lucasforums is pretty much dead now, it is unlikely that he can be reached.

It really sucks that you can no longer register at massassi temple, Ibanez/Zell's last activity was yesterday..... :\

That guy is a brilliant mapper and totally transformed Narshadda.

Yeah it would be nice to have some more members around here from older websites. But, I guess we will have to make do.