my attempt on Starkiller

looks better now imo

I think what's throwing me off is the shadow under his cheek bones, and the lines from his nose down around his mouth. I think they're too prominent

maybe the lines on the nose by the eyes too.

I guess i'll play with a few opacity sliders in my psd

I'll see what i can find but there's not that many around unfortunately. Having good reference is also a tremendous help.

I'm basing the folds off of Manny's sculpt (the original one that was made for the game)

and while I think I got the shape right I cant seem to find out how to really make them look good , they look okay to me but I think I could get a better result

I just don't know how - yet

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@

Alright, I've nonchalantly and nicely told you to stop with this, but I guess I'm not being clear enough.

It seems to me that your main purpose here on the forums is to beg for things, repeatedly. This is both unnecessary and quite annoying, especially to the creators of those mods. It's fine to be excited about them, but posting every 2 weeks asking for them to release it is extremely overkill. Modding is not the top priority of anyone's lives here, and especially not to fulfill your desires. These people have lives that take precedence to any of these projects, and some have to set a project aside for awhile to not get burnt out on it.

My point is, they will release it when they are finished. Seeing you bump the thread isn't really going to help anything, it's just annoying. Especially when you post multiple times within a day or two. I can't even count how many times I've merged your posts in the past.

Be patient and contribute to the community positively instead of going around begging for everything. This was not intended on being offensive in any way, but it needed to be said.

AshuraDX, Botdra, Bek and 5 others like this

Nicely said Circa and a good advice, the community doesn't exist just so others could request the hell knows what.. the mods won't be done any faster that way. Though some of us, like me, are pretty open to others and I'm willing to teach anyone anything I know if anyone wants to have a go at things on their own.

That said, back on-topic, @@AshuraDX I'm using photoshop now for 12 years, I can pretty much do anything with it from a white new picture. So if you still need good texturing tutorials, I can teach you how to do nice fibers, how to balance them out to keep details, how to filter the picture... I've been a bit rusty when I started again doing mods, but now I'm back at full throtle I think. :P Anyway, just say the word. I hope you'd finish your starkiller model, as it's looking great so far and like an authentic JKA counterpart!

In the mean time, guys I've been wondering, I've seen some starkiller models, mind pointing out the best one there is? It's just that I'd like to play a bit with it in SP :P

@@Rooxon oh I was just asking to see if there was a better way to create wrinkles&folds than how I did it here

I'm also trieing to avoid filter usage as much as possible thanks for the offer though ;) !

A word on my Starkiller model : I dont know when I'll finish this as I kinda lost interest for now but I certainly will finish him I just don't know when that'll happen - yet

Well as you wish :) the offer's still up though if you change your mind, I know you must think I meant to show you how to do quick textures... well I think if you used photoshop at least once, you'd know that yourself. I meant more like getting the textures to be crispier, more realistic, cohesive.. Nevertheless, yeah now that I took another look at your textures, they're custom drawn, aren't they? Than I think you really wouldn't neew my help as you pretty much know your way around :P But I believe I could still give you a tip or two, if you ever need them :)

You've made some awesome progress on the head man. The side profile looks accurate from what I can remember, and from the front it looks pretty close too. The ears look a bit big though, and boxy. Great work though man, you've come a long way, this is going to be awesome when it's done.

Delmi likes this