Bigger on the inside

Fun fun.

I used the TARDIS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS ) prefab included in Siegebomb1b.PK3, I thought I could make something funky (and at the moment only functional) with a few teleporters and mirrors/portals.

At the moment I'm tied up with school, exams and other things so I'm not releasing anything major any time soon But if anyone wants to implement a TARDIS into his/her map (or a similar contraption) I'll gladly help (and if that happens I will ask the author of the prefab to use his prefab in a to-be-released map, so far the only thing released is this video).

Now that, sir, is sweet! Though not suitable for any of my current projects, I'll definitely want to take advantage of this at some point in the future. TARDIS themed or not, this'd make a pretty useful prefab for download.

my idea wasn't seamless, was the have a teleporter in front of a camera area, I know not the best or most efficient way to do this either

best example I can give for my map atm:

Enterprise say has a door to a holodeck (I know constitution class didn't have this) but it opens to any randomly generated world, this would be useful if I wanted the portal not to just be against a wall or form the "archway" in the middle of a forest say, so yes these seamless portals intrigue me

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone should make an infinite (straight, without turns) hallway using this method.  I wonder how that would look...

so you'd have to make up a mock part of the map or have the map so long that it'd be our of distancecull, don't quote me on this I usually do these theories myself and experiment, anyways the best thing I could use as an example is sonic adventure 2, sonic vs shadow, why? cause the level is straight and doesn't end >.> or Mario 64 with the endless stairs however this intrigues me

AshuraDX likes this

I did, Im just thinking in theory, but since I know jack on how this works, it would work but the issue is its working as a camera too I presume, so if the camera looks into its own view finder you would I suppose get a paradox, which would in turn make a HOM or void, fascinating

You'd also render the scene ad naueseum, basically causing the scene to re-render, wheras HOM is a visual anomaly acting as a visual imprint, so the FPS will be absolutely awful, that is if the game doesn't infinite loop out of recursion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...