Prequel Conversion

Alright. Got all those problems fixed. I am currently just playing through SP and making sure everything works fine, fixing little things here and there.

We are nearing the release stage!

Still don't know why that problem even happened...can't wait for your release!

Check the tags on the gun model itself, they may be messed up, it's an easy fix.

I figured it out from the other thread. It was the efx files apparently. So weird.

Still don't know why that problem even happened...can't wait for your release!

Me either. Strange. Thanks man!

I ran into another strange problem. Go figure.

On the Kril Dor mission, there are a bunch of saboteurs and officers and rocket troopers. So that means there are a lot of SBD's, which I was excited about because they look so good in game.

All of them were working perfectly except for the two that you run into before the last beacon. They are the "RocketTrooper2Officer" NPC. They for some reason had repeaters as their gun. I checked the NPC file and it looked like it should. They should have the bryar.

shot0000_zps7b0a57da.jpg

Here's the weird part. I tried spawning them myself via console and they were fine! So it must be scripted for them to have the repeater or something.

For the record, Raven was really sloppy and confusing with the rocket trooper NPC files. I realized that the repeater wielding rocket troopers are the officers and the normal ones wield rocket launchers. Backwards if you ask me.

Also, I decided to replace Rax with Wat Tambor. Changed the voice and everything. I want to replace Racto with Nute Gunray but the voice wouldn't match. I might still.

therfiles likes this

Nute Gunray is now recorded and finished! Sounds pretty good! Can't wait for you guys to see and hear it.

I got another idea. I wanted to replace the map object Z-95 to a Jedi Starfighter and the TIE fighters with ddroid starfighters, and the bombers with Trifighters.

I started with the Jedi starfighter and took the MD3 file from MBII from the mustafar map. I replaced the Z-95 model and everything and made sure the paths to the skin files were right via MD3View, but it crashes every time I load a level that has it.

Mandalorian likes this

Got the ship models fixed and replaced. I didn't replace the Raven's Claw or the Millennium Falcon because I don't know or have anything to replace them with. 

I also replaced Boba with Jango. Something I totally forgot about until playing that mission. I even changed Jaden's line when he/she says "Boba Fett!" to "Jango Fett!". Turned out a little better than I thought it would. 

So now is the final stage I believe. I am replacing a few key phrases and text that mention Empire or Stormtrooper. There aren't that many so it shouldn't take very long. 

I'm still debating on whether or not to replace the Cultists with Magnaguards.

therfiles likes this

Alright, so I replaced all of the cultists (not the Reborns). There's so many different kinds of cultists. Are really all of them used? It made my game crash due to too many NPCs, which is from my other PK3's but it would be nice if I could remove the NPCs that aren't even used in the game, which I know is the case with a few others. Does anyone know if all of the cultist NPCs are actually used? 

I'm going to tag people in this post since it takes a long time for people to see it, and I know I'll get some answers from you! :P

I summon @@eezstreet @@therfiles and @@minilogoguy18

cultist_commando and cultist_destroyer are not used (but are awesome in their own right).

If you're looking to ditch some NPCs, get rid of reborn_weequay, reborn_rodian, et al, these are never used, I don't think.

Okay thanks. I can't remove the reborn ones because I'm not replacing any reborns, or I would. Just cultists.

Since I know nobody else has as many NPC's in their base as I do, I won't remove any more for the release. If anyone has the crashing issue, either take out some pk3's that have a lot of NPC files or edit mine and take out whatever you don't want.

So now I'd say it's ready for release! I'm including my Prequel Music Replacement with it, but I will release it separately as well.

therfiles likes this

eezstreet, on 12 Apr 2013 - 13:49, said:

This could probably be fixed in OpenJK if I know precisely what error you're talking about.

It doesn't give an error, it just crashes. I won't be much help or be able to use OpenJK anyways, since I have the Mac App Store Version.

Alright, so I decided to make a "Snow" Battledroid to replace the Snowtroopers instead of the normal infantry droid. So I just simply made them white, but I want opinions on which one looks better. One is fully white and the other is the usual color markings like the pilot, security, and commander versions, but white. Thoughts?

shot0011_zps0b0a8c16.jpg

iwDQirSgIPsND.jpg

Alright, so I replaced all of the cultists (not the Reborns). There's so many different kinds of cultists. Are really all of them used? It made my game crash due to too many NPCs, which is from my other PK3's but it would be nice if I could remove the NPCs that aren't even used in the game, which I know is the case with a few others. Does anyone know if all of the cultist NPCs are actually used?

I'm pretty sure only two of the cultist_saber_powers are used, and both in the t3_rift level. I may be wrong, but I think it's cultist_saber_strong2 and cultist_saber_strong_throw2.

Alright, so I decided to make a "Snow" Battledroid to replace the Snowtroopers instead of the normal infantry droid. So I just simply made them white, but I want opinions on which one looks better. One is fully white and the other is the usual color markings like the pilot, security, and commander versions, but white.

I like the second option the best. However, there was this really cool battledroid called "Bxdroid" in MBII. I think that may be pretty cool here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b5l83i0ezvlatz/MB2_Icon_FA.jpg