Prequel Conversion

Video is broke.

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:

zet2WRnzewJT1g7s9c_H5UfWicf2fJLVro7rbpEj_UxyxG8E5sP9-UUgazum85D4zxLqq34SuqxxaM2JLwfFbmQGdjy61hh5UN2xdTGXt5AVpwm5gmUVwuFeOlEKHLikr-nyirTOkbAvYANyl368wzJxBWFgAZsU5tE_hIeVpyiLdi5OzcsbwlW5-gNMmqyIGdcYLEh-_WL4ExPIWUXkFJY_ynQWR782VgUmFB9fp-fPna5KTB1ram6Wi5ERTFWMp8AEo4HCaVuzWhNRMgr_e4qqOmbV79b4onzNgVkKhGaUjQh5ngaM-2ILhTSeLaJMkoaI86XEKoTy5bw1j3LUFBWnvK-hJ-fn_TGfThIQD1k-JwrV3_zkeoReTz1Uh9LyRnalpDHCEljuijU1VuWKtXjXulo_w_HE7AGaX27-wl9QptF3mn4Vun7Yc83k_n6xycDvaFrYu6YnY3yzhhncN4lxIk6kR5km3RZhjVk7X08013ulvT-D-8hkP9iUO7QVfuZKZvZOIF9sYZLceGWgmBxOjqSgkWltbv6baGasbMDQX2TCVee5D2aelpadP7J9b35fKEl3agI_Qf3b0v0V6PPb5BZQ1o1TcpjEt2a2wPtU-5ylMi1KRl2Z5CwZ-MxSxP9OX8qoIMXQOgFZIuKMP_a2Ye75bTo2E3n7C48wBX5cqR7BGWU5tij_FypHmgsZJ8rWkyXErZ5YsQeo93vUeB28RZ1KCShdMb8WaPyv1FCTGESZt50amd4JKR3IRTx7TZKMcJoXnMYMGGkOyHqn6T9ZiH6yIUcKQ2ni6uz53t8n62gBJva6acSFGlsXZAO8JWtkdEQx-cuZ_eQNF6Q2AbeGA90Yq47vDHZjexU8QaOnehZobCt9nYfg_brP4LyTsiaP4OOHzS2C2F2cHf66ztuRoFg7ufN2iN-T-qG1nHBjLRK4yMnClxoeGqPDUJo9XsuOjYGNl-9G3yxpoIGlyQAPi2bpyLwMJjzRCiNOxRKh-jJdIwrkJfdFHiOVZQ961s6HZQZEO3SoX2_x2uJSUGp-UYRqVeNw51P9VSuQekc48DWhzZFHqgahyOPcRuAUkGhSj1QvuoVqlirO276W8r3x852InogMafy5gMw-TelXX1FUoWidgQmemB0DqCjZ1RPyROXjsVAAwaTa-BVrhalsfu9TYME5pE7EdpqE0ZgrGO-cgSMhFT1j8mCVswu-4oXgHJKOAe-UbszcJ_o9T-R6tKi2i6mWubqzyq3tbkmiQd4hKXpm_PSNbmXoyBrkznbas9wEVojsuDgd3Vr2bcutvPSsLW4nB9KQEaq8UoNlZpsM3AePWkyhc6ZFVPy71iWH62DBq0iIF-6Qr6ALSx4UYWOAWn3K4N1XKC_UHyMUzyW_33--XziPEA5Eb29SzBM-sudjpT6MzeOksOHUgVk4MQTAfb5E_Dh1IuM6UhFRwiCqXLhLtJgkf8IAswwlq-OkFLpa5h1dROX5tNM_n8NnTIkDDXhU_8__7jXOyh_F3u5ZLI34fFlcU4PWJ9CBIx0bTQUx4Rg_8Hx8D5zCvjk4nyFaBfdYTAXBZ31CUpLONZkz4Ose57lvumP6PgcIZqnYNgwVbd2ayyAdId83CEK2PB5jQ-gXt-vHcqO-lEKVmiZ_GIJD4V9vFpwBFXlRWhoVlew2EQsuhDLL3X1si2IPZhczqG-8LKScAHi6uLdHdoHJbWMXeERhU9r_mpwCf_wlj8JHdCBvu6RGIP4dq_v_jh86jSdDWYK1MN3vgXvJxV2Hy6hXlFGzyI4WDM8UBV4I644Z3YgpDCWHU_Q-0dymMeKGcpUAIkZa0qe7Lp4wITLraPydTbei8OUf0DN3MUSwVzAfcnJATFGDdlGbOZY7tqidQ0yp95PwzlrbmouXiKUHL8zpBvP3eaESJSQSTlj1EFRiNLd7sE4WO1Aww7ci1kRWBksyQ3pnkoX2FDANVXOWUCxGU04_O7jVFsNk526K8q5eCOux01xmamR30CGfn0QUGhE3aby0NJntoNW1DcUZ3l3rwbZHVZzYc39RksQoJhxf5apNPDvRI4TJgXr8k2XXCTwPBVnPvlBY6oGV0QbWT_lsQ_jA9O_nDSyMx1Py1Fz3EyJOAaeOvJSD-SPJLT9-xScoluWwE0VoDYLwrY5uzxJ29ymBLa_Iz1Kaj-nHrWLDeLhrLHBA37p3dOMYDATB1oqwPP7yQAGDGiYDBFP3oQRc7reV4tNBixEUla0yj6_xXo3dMUgcfOmy4sz7BsboUiz_VJVxfxXSwLAK6JUJauI_tNDRKDaBNoZeCANgZ4bZvhpsOtvxnb4ZodDg1nU_rckOvoVUhaaasTMCZGDl-gYOUSrzzZmYBA8pymfkETAoMaSVcrb06a3CvVWRlUbpvy1n4SuksR3GhqmYAG4G2Z9EN2jZFSJhTzIRdXShvEO0rnnCA8LjJtuE1a_kJ9kIwqAhjCaES2ZCFwq4OQ4_wmRtg5mOTZFjOI3UcOXFg46_KYs6Ay_XuZKH5DtHPZ6dEP_m8hHwUeufNjkoOK4am45o2PHWsOa24hm2IlWhbqQtC-9B9lFh-g9vDQ8eHsIFAFFXJXvqK2TLQgi3Wb9LddQahfpJxbOLD01fZWrjN0rK_uJVBTGloB8QslZA4gop4cjeVrNd-uGcO2SHjdUvzM6hEE6_nZFDzKcquw59L0A-yAss6t5AaBdqd4reN-MtwGDrGoG52GKJnzev7EYIyHv4MJkStYVasdn_IrG04lybpvuyYJuk-NkWTF-TfO4mNbsiMx_sGBEJEcSuYVMFN4TfJPb2VY6792QANV_XZ2EiNOb9i-CLH9qrhhlSBEZ9JvzkNvlMN6SGQghn6ZasOSY-HcOAshzg4y20fXwu62yyqqxHiND8jVGMmPs6w4PhACAbM2X6hp6WYxGafbYBCW26rE3PwIuNhPADSZZ6L0B0hqSuPBed0KbAvdOL0cXpHQiKe0OQ_OnglxcLUp-tmibr1l7Yb8kHPgiLpchnmU-7ON2Po6wYvsT7gSeOAOp4R0SGtOMDmuqyyPlVIi8vdsH_E94gmVUe4dT-Ve5dFTiGfD86ZqUYaMtpEwhAnEeKRlZFmKOI4idBB1PSoORVoIoqicfEljJrOm4j1B_7o8sLvuVEeKENGfk160FkB951IR1zKcHEOSNS4bRVQ2UKqAzMR-GpkGPS02RF2GukKJzrITB1Tp0yjJGWxo8sn1f8_pATCiDUYp6Bc_DeOcDyTwhES-sMRfUO8smRJmiD8o6jF08VuQrBlzIKcUJryO6koj1uornVZOj1ZPFrjgTLWChWNa6bep7CHXSsfkhuvQV3n3EI3MeDn_R-ilFLwUtJimW2qgrWgVaq_RN3b9NvmPKF-Rw6YuFKBD8Vnt_gO3KraoD_JGj4QudI_DQwEXBb1Z6tMWyKKrdReWvzRFp9KDmk-KcwW9vvVrr5iZPgTN6LPu0nxgVEDD8uU34689I_IT4HUWes0B6zT15Vr-1in06xIMkG_c0Na0GjOMLOuUEA66mTpdi5SF3wuuFZKVVoHOV5s96UQnTMJXlljb7sG8G8QWk_zYqQ1hngI4DFKyGrBUryPHO3y5M3IfKXBLYuYu0SaDYP-6vRGV7qw9n_XVUsBQtWnh8JvqTCtPwh-93bEfHIcYTv7xufx_NbDl_rRHXFl8r-NYdPtuDLFyuL8ldZTqqYvx1YMIj5d3TMJWUj6hmFM8A_gF0WhQ5gI8fiwMFgLt-tOFnF3dDSVmGOuHJPk0kEgRAMG15HXWnw2rY04c0=

Works now, I think the color/size adjustment should be the least of your worries right now. With the source code you should be able to get this working much more like it should as well as adding it as a new gun without replacing the DEMP 2. It should be a sonic charge weapon, dealing splash damage and knocking enemies down similar to the alt fire on the repeater.

I also haven't played too many prequel based games but I don't remember seeing that the weapon was capable of having a charged shot.

I think making it function properly should be priority #1, then sort out the effects.

Hey great work! This is looking really good! Just a couple of suggestions:

I would say it's a bit big and a bit too "radioactive" looking. Too neon/bright. Go for something a bit more subdued and transparent like the movies. Maybe make the projectile  a bit smaller as well, width-wise.

I agree with Botdra on this one. Make it more transparent, not a solid layer of green. Maybe the projectile could be a bit longer?

Also, I agree with @@minilogoguy18 regarding the weapon replacement, but since I know you're using this for a replacement pack, that may not be practical. What I would do is find the lightning flash (the blue energy charging gfx) and make it green and more of an orb, rather than the streaks of lightning it has now. Also, for extra credit, find the shader for the DEMP secondary explosion (search in shaders for dempshell or something...I know it's there :P ) and colorize it green. This will help tie it all together. I think the impact effect could use more of an "explosion" like maybe some green energy and some mild smoke. Because just a shockwave is cool, but not too realistic, in my opinion. You're spewing energy, the ground is gonna have some kind of reaction.

Nice job with the SFX - sounds really cool. If you really want to get fancy, remove the blue lightning, so you're targets won't get the shock effect on them. While this will also remove the effect from force lightning, you can pull it off. I'll see if I can help you with this, if you want to pursue it. But seriously Ibonek Circa (RIP), solid work here. Did you do this from scratch, or did you build it using some base effects and play with the settings and properties?

Circa likes this

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Same here.

@@Circa I would say it's a bit big and a bit too "radioactive" looking. Too neon/bright. Go for something a bit more subdued and transparent like the movies. Maybe make the projectile  a bit smaller as well, width-wise.

I actually thought I should make them bigger. I watched the movie clip over and over and the projectiles look almost twice the size I have them now. Maybe it's just me?

Works now, I think the color/size adjustment should be the least of your worries right now. With the source code you should be able to get this working much more like it should as well as adding it as a new gun without replacing the DEMP 2. It should be a sonic charge weapon, dealing splash damage and knocking enemies down similar to the alt fire on the repeater.

I also haven't played too many prequel based games but I don't remember seeing that the weapon was capable of having a charged shot.

I think making it function properly should be priority #1, then sort out the effects.

Coding is not in my skill set, so that's not really an option. It's not supposed to have a charged shot. As I said in a previous post (I think), the DEMP2 electricity effects are coded in, and I can't edit them.

Hey great work! This is looking really good! Just a couple of suggestions:

I agree with Botdra on this one. Make it more transparent, not a solid layer of green. Maybe the projectile could be a bit longer?

Also, I agree with @@minilogoguy18 regarding the weapon replacement, but since I know you're using this for a replacement pack, that may not be practical. What I would do is find the lightning flash (the blue energy charging gfx) and make it green and more of an orb, rather than the streaks of lightning it has now. Also, for extra credit, find the shader for the DEMP secondary explosion (search in shaders for dempshell or something...I know it's there :P ) and colorize it green. This will help tie it all together. I think the impact effect could use more of an "explosion" like maybe some green energy and some mild smoke. Because just a shockwave is cool, but not too realistic, in my opinion. You're spewing energy, the ground is gonna have some kind of reaction.

Nice job with the SFX - sounds really cool. If you really want to get fancy, remove the blue lightning, so you're targets won't get the shock effect on them. While this will also remove the effect from force lightning, you can pull it off. I'll see if I can help you with this, if you want to pursue it. But seriously Ibonek Circa (RIP), solid work here. Did you do this from scratch, or did you build it using some base effects and play with the settings and properties?

As I said, the electricity effects are coded to the gun. At least that's what eezstreet confirmed. I'll check out the shaders but I have no knowledge of how to edit them properly. I'll poke around though.

I did already try replacing the lightning flash texture with a green one but it didn't change anything at all. I tried multiple things. Maybe the shader will have the answer. If you could help me out with the shaders, that would be awesome.

Yes, I did sort of make the effects from scratch, but by looking at the default ones as a reference. I used some of the textures already in the game though. They're the first successful effects I've made in the game without copying someone else, so there's that. :P

I don't think it's that the projectiles themselves are bigger, it's more like there's a projectile and then a secondary layer of... I don't know, globiness that has less shape to it that goes around the projectile. Does that make sense? I haven't seen the movies in ages.

Here is some comments regarding the shaders:

If you really want to get rid of the energy effect, here's what you have to do:

Currently, all the lightning effects reference the following files: gfx/misc/lightning3, gfx/misc/lightningFlash, and gfx/misc/blueLine. So our job would be to remove them. Basically, we have to make the image completely blank, when the full body electricity effect is called, it plays, but is invisible because all of the shaders are invisible. So, find or create a shader for these files and replace them with:

{
    {
        map $whiteimage
        blendFunc GL_ZERO GL_ONE
    }
}

This will blank them out. So, now the effect is removed. I'd only recommend doing this to blueline and lightning3, because lightningFlash needs to be visible for the DEMP gun. However, now force lightning is completely invisible because it references gfx/misc/blueLine. So, you will have to create another image (and maybe another shader) for blueLine, under the name blueLine2. And change the reference in your force lightning effects to look for blueLine2 not blueLine. This should work, I did it a long time ago for the HP mod. I may be able to find it if you have difficulty.

Hmm...so you edited gfx/misc/lightningFlash? And still no beans? That's odd...the only thing I'd try is making a new lightningFlash (like geonosianFlash) and then edit lightningFlash's shader in effects.shader. Fine the shader and change the file it references to geonosianFlash (not the title, the reference).

There is a shader in gfx2.shader that reads:

gfx/effects/demp2shell
{
	cull	twosided
    {
        map gfx/effects/plasma
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
        glow
        rgbGen vertex
        tcMod scale 2 3
        tcMod scroll 1 0.5
    }
    {
        map gfx/effects/plasma
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
        rgbGen vertex
        tcMod scale 3 2
        tcMod scroll 0.5 2.6
    }
}

You should be able to edit this or the appropriate files to make the DEMP shell more green.

I really like this idea and ideas that have come with it, a lot of it isn't that hard to model really especially that gun but i can imagine the effects are a little harder to do.  I've never quite understood why the rigging system to JKA has such a hold over the character models though?  Like why does a battle droid have to look tall and slender instead of top heavy as it is in the movies?

It's not the first time i've seen it, i see it a lot especially with characters like Yoda which are supposed to be small but, in this engine, have to be the same size/builld as everybody else.  I've not really modded for this thing (yet) but i do hope to make a lot of models for it and possibly characters which i'll rig and animate.  So as you can imagine i'm dumbfounded about this or just dumb lol.

Any way, as i said, it is a great idea because the prequels weren't the best movies but they had their fine points like the music and, for me, the story arc of Kenobi and Palpatine was the only thing that i really liked about the prequels.  It was certainly a better story arc than Anakin's, i prefer him in Clone Wars je's less of a brat lol.

Also i really like your sig!   :D

I don't think it's that the projectiles themselves are bigger, it's more like there's a projectile and then a secondary layer of... I don't know, globiness that has less shape to it that goes around the projectile. Does that make sense? I haven't seen the movies in ages.

You may be right. Here's the clip from the movie to help with everyone's feedback.

Geonosian Dropbox Video

@therfiles, I'll try that. Thanks for the tips! I'll report back when I get it sorted out.

I really like this idea and ideas that have come with it, a lot of it isn't that hard to model really especially that gun but i can imagine the effects are a little harder to do.  I've never quite understood why the rigging system to JKA has such a hold over the character models though?  Like why does a battle droid have to look tall and slender instead of top heavy as it is in the movies?

It's not the first time i've seen it, i see it a lot especially with characters like Yoda which are supposed to be small but, in this engine, have to be the same size/builld as everybody else.  I've not really modded for this thing (yet) but i do hope to make a lot of models for it and possibly characters which i'll rig and animate.  So as you can imagine i'm dumbfounded about this or just dumb lol.

Any way, as i said, it is a great idea because the prequels weren't the best movies but they had their fine points like the music and, for me, the story arc of Kenobi and Palpatine was the only thing that i really liked about the prequels.  It was certainly a better story arc than Anakin's, i prefer him in Clone Wars je's less of a brat lol.

Also i really like your sig!   :D

Now that's interesting. Someone who loves the Clone Wars but doesn't like the prequels? I love the prequels. And I love the originals. I love everything Star Wars. Apparently that's rare on this site. Too many prequel haters. I also hate when people call Anakin a brat. He was a teenager. That's what George Lucas wanted Vader's past to be like. It's more realistic if you ask me. Who's more likely to become evil, an already BA war hero Jedi, or a teenager punk that wants to save his girlfriend/wife?

Thanks though. :D

therfiles likes this

Well eezstreet posted a tutorial on adding completely new guns, maybe you should look it over since I think a DEMP2 replacement just doesn't work, especially without it even acting like a sonic blaster.

I thought that only works for MP?

His tutorial is MP based but if you scroll down to the bottom in the comments he points out that you can use it for SP with some small differences. If you asked he'd probably help but you'd have to meet him half way and make it work decently in MP, I wouldn't expect him to do all the work for you.

His tutorial is MP based but if you scroll down to the bottom in the comments he points out that you can use it for SP with some small differences. If you asked he'd probably help but you'd have to meet him half way and make it work decently in MP, I wouldn't expect him to do all the work for you.

It doesn't seem too complicated, but I wouldn't know how to "compile" or whatever. I'm no coder. I'll look into it though. 

Oh um, how did you edit for the Wat Tambor voice and get Jaden to say "Jango"? Can you give me the program required? It'd help me a lot on one of my other mods.

I used Audacity to edit it all and WavePad for the effects. For Wat Tambor I just added some flanger and chorus to Rax's voice. For the Jango line I just found 2 words that Jaden says in other scenes and combined them together to make it sound like "Jango".

therfiles likes this