Prequel Conversion

Nice work man! I'm especially impressed with the Droideka's. Any animations for them? Do they move? I remember those things being hard as hell to kill in The Phantom Menace game. :D

The do have animations, like in MBII. For some reason they don't move hardly at all ingame though, which I couldn't figure out. They can be hard to kill, but force lightning makes it pretty easy to beat them. I wanted them to be only slightly harder than the hazard troopers that they replace, but not so much that it's impossible. They look good, but I wish I could get them to look better. Or at least move more. They even have a rolling animation!

I agree, I think they got it right in that game with them being hard to kill, because that's the impression you get from the movies.

The do have animations, like in MBII. For some reason they don't move hardly at all ingame though, which I couldn't figure out. They can be hard to kill, but force lightning makes it pretty easy to beat them. I wanted them to be only slightly harder than the hazard troopers that they replace, but not so much that it's impossible. They look good, but I wish I could get them to look better. Or at least move more. They even have a rolling animation!

I agree, I think they got it right in that game with them being hard to kill, because that's the impression you get from the movies.

If you could get them to roll and such, that would be extremely badass.

Circa and Barricade24 like this

So I guess I'm going to release the first version. I'm tired of waiting on other people. When they finish helping me, I'll put together a second version. 

I also need help for anyone that downloads it once it's accepted. I can't figure out why the droidekas aren't moving. They don't move at all unless you use level 4 mind trick or the playermodel command. The animations that came with it look great and I'd really like to see them. It would be so cool if they would chase you around like they would in the movies. Any help here would be great.

It's because there isn't a player class that supports the way they move, the best thing I can thing of to try is to rename the roll animation to a run in the .cfg file so that the game plays that animation when the droid is running towards or away from a player.

It is named BOTH_RUN1. All the animations are named how they would be in a normal humanoid one. I've tried multiple classes. So weird.

WinRAR says unexpected end of archive when I try to download and open it. Trying again now. Also, PM me when you're free, I need some help with a mod of my own involving a couple small things from here.

EDIT: Tried again, same error. Before it finishes downloading it just says unexpected end of archive. Check your zip and re-up?

WinRAR says unexpected end of archive when I try to download and open it. Trying again now. Also, PM me when you're free, I need some help with a mod of my own involving a couple small things from here.

It works fine for me. Weird. Try the default windows extractor.

• 3 months later...

Work has begun on version 2.0. Or rather, continued.

Does anyone know of a Geonosian model? If not....well you know what I'm gonna ask.

I have a suggestion. For Saboteur and characters similar to him I recommend using the Commando Droid instead of the Super Droid. It seems to make more since for a Commando Droid to be sabotaging stuff than an SBD. You don't have to use this but I think it would be a great addition to the mod.

I have a suggestion. For Saboteur and characters similar to him I recommend using the Commando Droid instead of the Super Droid. It seems to make more since for a Commando Droid to be sabotaging stuff than an SBD. You don't have to use this but I think it would be a great addition to the mod.

What's a commando droid? My goal is really to make it like the movies, and I don't consider The Clone Wars to be a part of that, if that's where it's from. Post a pic or a link and I'll consider it. I didn't really care about the saboteurs because they don't even sabotage anything except on t1_fatal, but really you don't know that's what they're called unless you're a modder. They are used in every Imperial mission and usually they're just another soldier or sniper.

I did want to bring snipers back though, since the SBD took it over and they aren't as challenging as snipers could be. Thinking of the first Taspir level when a couple saboteur snipers are up on the buildings.

I think WytchKing might have made one for the old Chronicles mod (made a post under the news section on their site) and released this screenie. I believe he may be active on the MB2 forums...

I don't have a way to contact him. Or I can't figure it out. I have an account there but there's no link to message him or an email or anything.

That one looks amazing too. I hope he can be reached.

Alright, so I messaged him. I'm not expecting a reply, so if anyone wants to model a Geonosian, that would be awesome. There are only 3 modelers here that usually fulfill requests, so if @ChalklYne, @DT85, or @AshuraDX want to take a stab at it if they want and have time, that would be awesome. If not, that's not a big deal. Also, if I get a Geonosian, I want to replace the DEMP2 with the Geonosian carbine. There's this one that was made on JK2Files but the skin is horrible and apparently has a lot of issues with it. If someone could either take that one and fix it up, or make a new one completely (effects would be a bonus), that would be the icing on the cake. I have the sound for the gun, so don't worry about all that.

Nevermind on the gun. There's one in MBII. I'll have to check that one out.

I spent all day yesterday working on the effects for the Geonosian gun. It's going to replace the DEMP2 gun but I don't think there's a way to change the electricity portion of the gun. So it'll look silly, but oh well. I don't think I'll be getting a Geonosian model anyway, so the only time it will be used is on droids for the most part, and they'd probably spark up like that when hit anyway. I did my best at created the effects for the projectile and muzzle flash for the gun. I'm awful at editing effects so I guess it's pretty decent.

shot0001_zpsb4bc00ac.jpg

shot0004_zps6342a19e.jpg

shot0003_zps0ffc937f.jpg

shot0006_zps04ee710e.jpg