Prequel Conversion

You may be right. Here's the clip from the movie to help with everyone's feedback.

Geonosian Dropbox Video

@therfiles, I'll try that. Thanks for the tips! I'll report back when I get it sorted out.

Now that's interesting. Someone who loves the Clone Wars but doesn't like the prequels? I love the prequels. And I love the originals. I love everything Star Wars. Apparently that's rare on this site. Too many prequel haters. I also hate when people call Anakin a brat. He was a teenager. That's what George Lucas wanted Vader's past to be like. It's more realistic if you ask me. Who's more likely to become evil, an already BA war hero Jedi, or a teenager punk that wants to save his girlfriend/wife?

Thanks though. :D

I never said i hated them and i happily watch them again when i'm in the mood.  I just don't really like certain aspects of it, i love the lightsaber fights and the space battles and some of the characters but there was always too much diplomatic discussions going on.   Maybe i like the Clone Wars because it feels more like a war and has a lot more story going on but that's understandable. 

Circa likes this

^Of course but you'd be animating similarly to Dragon unless you build or have someone else build some sort of animation friendly biped rig.

Softimage Mod Tool is free, the rig is saved as a Mod Tool 7.5 scene and the video and animation I made as an example were all done in Mod Tool to show just how capable this free program is.

I've tried blender, if you can get past it's terrible interface (not just my opinion, tons complain about it) then it can be used with Mr. Wonkos exporter, Softimage still has probably the best animation tools though, even poeple using 3ds Max, Maya and other major 3d apps. Mod Tool has all the same modeling and animating tools as the full version, rendering is the only thing that is capped.

Blender has IK, too

Well duh but anyone here make any sort of biped based on the JA skeleton for it yet?

Most people also still seem to have trouble even importing/exporting models from it since there is a lack of documentation on the plugin where as the tired and true method of using carcass has loads of info.

• 3 months later...

Not to sound discouraging, but I think this has been done before. Some mods on Moddb and JK3 achieve the same I think, from memory.

Still, good luck with your modding.

This was the very first reply in this thread, and evidently I need to eat my words. This is a fun mod that goes beyond the simple 'model replacement' prequel conversions I've seen in the past. 

I love the little touches like mixing in the 'adjusting' noise from Wat Tambor's mask into his voice modulation, manipulating the VA to make Jaden say 'Jango' instead of 'Boba' Fett, etc. I look forward to any future versions you release.

Circa likes this