Prequel Conversion

Okay I went ahead and took screenshots of the droideka problem. I also found out something really weird. It only goes vertical when I'm not right in front of it. Otherwise it looks perfect. Take a look.

shot0005_zpsd66cc9e6.jpg

shot0004_zpsab10fdc1.jpg

So I guess it's not that big of a deal.

This, unfortunately, is unfixable. Other than modding the animation files, you really don't have a choice. You could play around more with the .efx files to turn the bullets and line them up, but I remember the emplaced gun being notoriously difficult to use. Not only does it have tons of damage, more than a deka would deal, but it doesn't draw properly. If you can find another gun, that would probably be best.

Yeah. There is a certain point where you really can't do anymore with NPCs. Does it handle well at all in combat? Perhaps up the aggression and aim levels? Give it a rocket launcher? Just keep poking it.

I think I knew this, but nice job! I don't use efxEd, the proper tool, so all I can really do is just blindly play with it.

I gave the hailfire a rocket launcher but it doesn't use it at all. All it does is occasionally fire the ATST_MAIN and roll around, if that. I spawned a whole bunch of clones and it just rolled all over them. Effective, but not really impressive. :P

How would you guys feel about replacing the cultists with magnaguards? In some levels it wouldn't look right because the cultists aren't always with just the Imperials, but it might be cool. If not cultists, then what if any?

Sorry for the latish reply...of course! :P

It's alright. Great! I'm not sure if it's complete yet. The original post in this thread is where I have been updating the list of things I want to do.

I'll PM it to you.

I realized I never go any answers to my question, so I'll reiterate.

How would you guys feel about replacing the cultists with magnaguards? In some levels it wouldn't look right because the cultists aren't always with just the Imperials, but it might be cool. If not cultists, then what if any?

Dusty likes this

I have seen a couple over the years and most of them are old and incomplete. The reason I started it originally was for myself personally.

I recall doing this a long time ago and put it on pcgamemods. then it disappeared along with other junk I did put in there.

Do it. Do you have battledroid voices to replace the scene sounds? I can give you all the sounds I have. If nothing else google soundboards and use those.

I recall doing this a long time ago and put it on pcgamemods. then it disappeared along with other junk I did put in there.

I miss those days.

Do it. Do you have battledroid voices to replace the scene sounds? I can give you all the sounds I have. If nothing else google soundboards and use those.

I do. Already done. I made my own sounds. There aren't that many ingame scene sounds from the Imperials, which made it easier.

The original post lists what I've done and have yet to do for the most part.

In the weapon smuggler mission where there were those prototype droids. I replaced those with a deka model and replaced the bolt with one the deka uses. I couldn't fix the fire rate, but it at least was another replacement you could consider doing.

In the weapon smuggler mission where there were those prototype droids. I replaced those with a deka model and replaced the bolt with one the deka uses. I couldn't fix the fire rate, but it at least was another replacement you could consider doing.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
  • 2 weeks later...

When I made my conversion. I changed Kyle to Obiwan and the PC to Anakin, and made luke mace windu. I changed the smugglers in game as well to droids and used some of the separatist leaders as boss replacements (ex. Durge for Bobafett) I also changed all the jedis to prequel jedis. Replaced all sith with magnaguards. made alora general grevious and made tavion into assajj ventress. I think I changed the prisoners in the rancor mission into gungans.

When I made my conversion. I changed Kyle to Obiwan and the PC to Anakin, and made luke mace windu. I changed the smugglers in game as well to droids and used some of the separatist leaders as boss replacements (ex. Durge for Bobafett) I also changed all the jedis to prequel jedis. Replaced all sith with magnaguards. made alora general grevious and made tavion into assajj ventress. I think I changed the prisoners in the rancor mission into gungans.

These ideas are what I have done in the past as well. I just don't like how the voices don't match and the storyline is more out of sync that way. I think I'll make a V2 with those sort of options.

Yeah, you could do that. Just give them staff style and viola. You could also make the Battlefront II style magna guard which didn't use electro staffs but blasters and stuff.

Alright, so @@therfiles and I have been beta testing this. All is well for the most part, just working out some bugs.

One has me quite puzzled and I hope to fix. For some reason, the blue repeater effect I borrowed/edited is now being seen through walls.

shot0008_zps1b62cb7e.jpg

If you look closely in the center, you can see the blue bullets from the firefight going on below, on the other side of the wall, far away. How the heck is that happening? What did I do?

As far as the other replacements, I might go ahead and at least replace the reborn twins with magna guards in this version. Not sure yet.

therfiles likes this

I may try to find some different clone rifle effects. I think the shader effects are really messed up with that one...you can see the shots from anywhere in the map!

I know, it's so weird. I don't know enough about shaders or efx to know what to change. I love the effects though, particularly the blue glowing effect.
therfiles likes this

Another issue I have is turrets still have yellow bullets. I want them to have red ones. I can't stand yellow ones. Has anyone seen yellow bullets in the movies? No... Yet Raven used them a lot in both games.

EDIT: The yellow bullets are now fixed to be red. All is well in that area. Now for the blue bullet issue. Any takers?

Oh, I fixed that once and I can't remember how... Read the Q3 Shader Manual and search for the "sort" keyword.

The thing is, it doesn't have a shader... So weird. I found what you were talking about though. I guess I could make a new shader.

Okay, I got that issue solved, thanks to a separate thread. I now have a new issue. I posted it in the other thread too and I know it's overkill but I'm posting it here too.

When the repeater is being fired by the player, it looks fine, but when it's fired by an NPC, it doesn't come out of the barrel of the gun. It comes out the head of the NPC. Not sure why. It couldn't be the gun model could it, since it's fine on the player in third person. It's not the NPC model because I tried multiple.

shot0002_zpsd90063c5.jpg