It's been a long time since I've worked in zBrush but the whole subdivision levels might be your problem, I don't know of anyone that uses it. Workflow seems to be sculpt the high resolution model then use another program to build the low poly over the high using retopo tools.

Never seen any poly reduction tool in any program do a good job of keeping the edgeloops even.

I'm taking a break from it so I don't get burned out. I can assure you though, once I have it complete... I will let it sit on my desktop for 3 days before I upload it here if you keep asking =)

I am getting close with it releasing a beta version, I just need to get the scene set up and stuff, and am finishing up this Rodian head for someone first.

Then you can haz all the Starkiller beta you wants

DT., Bane_Ross and Omicron like this

XD

Judging by the difference in quality of work, I would say probably not. LMAO

Everybody knows I am a spambot created by the robot @@Circa, who is a robot created by Cael.

Main reason as to why I am so reluctant to release this beta version, is it is still way weak to me, and there is a lot of people who followed this thread that arent here anymore, and people from FF who remember me trying, and I would just dislike for everyone to see this version on MP somewhere and think "wow, 2 years and thats ther finished product?!" So I will not be too anal retentive with the beta version, but I would like it all at least to flow a bit nicer. Look at @@AshuraDX's texturing on his Starkiller. Very precise, very well thought out and executed. Mine looks like a beta XD I would like to fine tune some things first. I apologize if I came off as dickish, I just really dislike Starkiller atm lol

I have had a very serious problem with modeling my whole "career", and am just now fixing it. I rush shit. It shows in my work. If you can see by the sculpting and texturing of the Rodian head I am working on, I am trying to slow down and pay more attention to ref's and detail. I am going through and retexturing most of thre TIE facility right now for just that reason. I am hoping spending more time on each individual piece will make my work seem less cartoony. 

I'm sorry, but you now...it will be the first NORMAL starkiller model :) and i very like starkiller! :D

I know what you mean man :) Trust me, a lot of people are really into this one and follow it very close but if Chalk feels he needs a rest / some time away from it then maybe that;s the best idea. Sometimes, you get more sh!t sorted in 1 hour with a clear mind than you would in an entire week whilst burnt out.

34nf.png

Seems like my 45 degree angle is the one thats taking the biggest boat to fuckoffity land right now. 

I will use some of Ashura's advice that he gave me yesterday and see if I can't fix that today. Along with continuing to texture the Rodian

I am also going to setup the scene for his body, get that all capped and do the heirarchy so I will just be waiting on the head

Bane_Ross likes this