November 2003 Jedi Academy PC Gamer Magazine Ad

Found this while looking up special editions of Jedi Academy, thought others might find it pretty neat. It's from the US version of PC Gamer magazine, issue 116 apparently. 

It's the best quality one I could find, I thought you guys might like it 🙂 

Click for full resolution

sC9Psi6.jpg

MagSul, OCD2, Circa and 7 others like this
9 hours ago, Lancelot said:

I remember when similar ads really got me excited for the game. Forging your own lightsaber was what sold it for me (which, to my disappointment, was a far less exciting feature than I expected). Nevertheless, those ads have fulfilled their purpose.

Same here. I think Fallen Order had a really good saber building feature but it didn't feel as special because it wasn't YOUR saber. It was Cal's.

Can't wait for a game to eventually have those elements to create your character and saber from top to bottom like I imagined JKA and even KOTOR to be when I read the ads and the saw the back of the CD case way back when.

MagSul, Lancelot and GamerRedNeck like this
16 hours ago, Circa said:

Same here. I think Fallen Order had a really good saber building feature but it didn't feel as special because it wasn't YOUR saber. It was Cal's.

Nevertheless, it was a lightsaber crafting system that has never existed in any other Star Wars game before. In fact, it came close to how I imagined the crafting system in Jedi Academy and KotOR.

A classmate also told me about a feature that allowed you to split a double bladed lightsaber into two lightsabers during combat. I can't remember if he was talking about Jedi Academy or KotOR, but still, I wanted to see that feature for real. Needless to say I was disappointed again.

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

Nevertheless, it was a lightsaber crafting system that has never existed in any other Star Wars game before. In fact, it came close to how I imagined the crafting system in Jedi Academy and KotOR.

A classmate also told me about a feature that allowed you to split a double bladed lightsaber into two lightsabers during combat. I can't remember if he was talking about Jedi Academy or KotOR, but still, I wanted to see that feature for real. Needless to say I was disappointed again.

I seem to recall a lot of people thinking that would be a feature, definitely. Luckily with PC you can bind that function to kind of work but it definitely would be cool if it were a feature. I wonder if any major mod as done that yet as part of the staff style.

• 1 year later...