Moonbase Labs

howd u do that with the water to where its warping the texture underneath it?

I hadn't noticed that yet... It should be impossible. Maybe some trickery with using a different texture below it? Usually this sort of effect (refraction) requires a fragment shader, and JKA hardly supports them. (Except for the force push effect and the cloak in SP. And the shield? Something like that. Surely hardcoded, anyway.)
ChalklYne likes this

Its a rather convoluted setup combining alpha fade, environment maps and various tcmod/turb options plus a few others on the floor underneath (combined with some radiant brushwork/patch tricks)- spent a few hours making it look right with the water. Glad that's done. Its not perfect but its pretty good now I think! New pics:

moonbase039.jpg

moonbase040.jpg

moonbase041.jpg

And now I have to kill you all.

therfiles, ChalklYne and Evulant like this

Time constraints, group environment, focus on single player conveyance, time constraints, older compiler with less enhancements, time constraints, internal project deadlines and goals, time constraints.

Thanks for taking me seriously, honestly. I'm aware that the main difference between the guy who modeled Kyle Katarn and me is not the skill, but the time he had to put into the model. I'm sure they can model much better than I do if they could spend a lifetime to finish it =P. How's the challenge going by the way? I've seen the rules and guidelines, seems interesting. I would participate myself, but I don't have enough time to get up to speed with radiant until the deadline.

Heh, I was being facetious. ;) I know that you know.

Goes well. It's a whole different beast then what I'm used to. There's quite a bit I have to learn, but I've picked up it extremely fast. If only my C++ was better, the scripting would come naturally.

Lol, I didn't take the wrong way, I hope you know. I read the rules and I like specially the part that says "If you deviate from the plan, be prepared to explain why". As for the C++, you'll learn quick. I haven't got contact with C/C++ programming in a decade and I'm catching up very fast with the JK2 code.