Moonbase Labs

Yes. Its base JA. Will be replaced eventually.

EDIT: On second thought, does anyone know or have a link to a good HD space/moon skybox? Cant find anything atm.
EDIT EDIT: RenderFrame -1 seems to work, cheers @@eezstreet I mean, now the menus are so bright I cant see them but it works ingame with the 2d aspects turned off :D

EDIT EDIT EDIT New vid using qeffects..

http://youtu.be/HB9tmG6Mws0

I would like to keep the moon rock terrain - it needs to be darker if possible though with more shadow definition!

The problem is the black...outline at the horizon where the terrain meets the earth, which makes it look pasted in.

Otherwise I like them both! A massive earth with flare would be cool, but no more or less than the current one!

I hope you can forgive if I sound too ignorant, but... what are you using to make the map and what game are you running the map on? I'm asking this because it's too detailed to be radiant and looks too good to be JK2 or JKA.

I will have nothing said against making any texture using 3D brushes. :D I actually had a flat texture and thought...hmmm, would be better if it wasn't flat ^_^.

I guess I could argue that as a delivery room, the steps need grip for health and safety reasons, hence the emboss ;D

Also, theres no Qeffects in the latest shots by the way!

And yes, the only thing in radiant that's really almost impossible to do (build wise)is things like sculptures (say looking like a player model) using patch meshes. Not impossible but bloody difficult and I've never seen it.There's loads of other things you cant do but many have workarounds!

Fixed the afformentioned issues and added the trams (fully functional)

moonbase020.jpg

moonbase021.jpg

moonbase022.jpg

I haven't touched radiant since 2002. I have been working with hammer though, making a map for Left 4 Dead. Say, is it possible to use more modeled geometry instead of trying to build detail with radiant? Would that speed up the mapping process provided you have the assets? Much like unreal static meshes. Nowadays most maps are made mostly of static meshes and less brushes.