The fact that his head looks slightly smaller gives the illusion that the rest of his body is larger and bulkier than it is, even when you've edited the proportions a bit.

Take for example Kenshiro of Fist of the North Star. 

1585407473_cf6c61bc08_b.jpg

Despite the fact that Kenshiro is both taller, wider, and bulkier than the man in this image, his head is actually about the same size or smaller. 

Personally, I thought the first image was fine, save for the calves which were slightly larger in diameter than they should be. The shape of it was fine though, as bossk has reptile features and doesn't have clearly defined calf muscles like in humans.

This is a wip of bossk based off of the ds_trandoshan. the head has been re-scaled and the bodies details made into separate pieces. What do you guys think?

here's a better pic of the separated pieces

bossk2.png?dl=0

bossk.png?dl=0

The textures on the torso could be worked on. The head is a bit odd looking, it is in a bit of a disproportion to the torso, and the eye color is a bit off. They have kinda flat faces if you get what I mean other than that, the body looks awesome, though mabye a bit lighter yellow. Keep up the good work.

Here is a pic for reference bossk.jpgBossk.png

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Well I am glad for all the feedback. I wanted to change the arms but the skeleton limits this, like has been commented on. The textures aren't perfect but It stil is an improvement overall. The head has been  adjusted and the straps and chest details have been cut from the model completely and extruded. It's not the best but it is a few hours of work, not sure how much more will go into it.I fixed the snout a bit was to long for my liking.

bossk3.jpg?dl=0