Tantive IV Mission

So somehow...I just saw all these replies. Yeah...so...

I love it. Any single player missions set from the original trilogy are awesome.

The OT is such an awesome place to set a mod. It's really been untouched by SP modders, and that's a shame.

@, @@Several Sided Sid, @@Livingdeadjedi and a couple others. :P

Several Sided Sid was awesome and gave me the source to this map. He's awesome :P He also gave me a Star Destroyer...

I demand for this to be continued, and I'd love to help if I could. Though the ones you need are the mappers that made all the amazing Star Wars movies maps. 

:ph34r:

I like the manner in which Vader tosses the Rebel. I DONT WANT THIS FUCKING BAGEL ANYMORE.

I tried my best to make all the cutscenes in a way that made it so I didn't have to make any original animations. The choke stance was SO HARD to get right, and some animations do look a bit ridiculous :P

I just realized how overpowering the music is in that video :P

Circa likes this

THAT IS AMAZING! I truly think cutscene work is really hard, but it brings SO MUCH quality to any mission or mod, it just... it's absolutely fantastic stuff. I really do hope you continue work on this and get the support you need. You have a gift I envy... If only I could hire cutscene makers, lol, that would really be amazing.

therfiles likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there, guys!

Here is a quick video update of the cutscene work. The video will showcase my biggest headache ever: the opening space battle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFuhU3VJvjM

I hope you enjoy it! Please post any suggestions or comments so I can make it even better! In other news, @@Circa has started helping me on this, so hopefully progress will be much faster!

Right now, for this cutscene, there are a couple more things that need to be done:

• New Ship Sounds
  • Rebuild Lighting
  • New Skybox

Me and @@Circa are both baffled by how to create the iconic Tantooine skybox. If anyone could give up some tips, we'd really appreciate it!

NumberWan, AshuraDX, Circa and 2 others like this

This is really awesome. I like how you mimicked the scene almost 1:1 with how the movie deals with it. Great job on getting the scene filmed well. It really does look pretty good.

However there are a few things that could be improved upon. I think first that the base space skybox is rather awful/ugly, but that's just me. Secondly, the first scene isn't quite 1:1 with the movies. Yours is at more of an angle, while the movie was more of a wide shot with the ship going straight into the scene. 

Overall, looks good and I'd like to see how you handle the gameplay portions.

therfiles likes this

This is really awesome. I like how you mimicked the scene almost 1:1 with how the movie deals with it. Great job on getting the scene filmed well. It really does look pretty good.

However there are a few things that could be improved upon. I think first that the base space skybox is rather awful/ugly, but that's just me. Secondly, the first scene isn't quite 1:1 with the movies. Yours is at more of an angle, while the movie was more of a wide shot with the ship going straight into the scene. 

Overall, looks good and I'd like to see how you handle the gameplay portions.

Thanks, @@eezstreet!

The skybox has been one of the biggest frustrations. The current one is a sad placeholder. Like I said, I'm still baffled on how to create an original skybox. @@Circa was able to enhance some reference pictures I gave him, and got this beauty, but making that into a 6 plane box will take much more. I'm thinking that we'll have to completely re-do the image and make 6 angles to it.

So...someone with skybox skills...feel free to jump in anytime :P Maybe @@Szico VII?

You need a space skybox huh ?

hm I could probably alter the setup I made for @@Szico VII's moonbase skybox

lemme see if I still have those sourcefiles , otherwise I could probably get that thing set back up in little to no time

That would be amazing! Thanks for looking into it! :D

My biggest wish is that it would like the space scene in the video, here. The iconic pan-down on Tatooine would look something like this.

Thanks A LOT, @@AshuraDX! Hope you're able to help!

well , I dont have the files anymore apearently

but i'll try to get you a decent skybox going - but tha tis going to be a little more complicated than Szicos skybox , I'll need a gigantic sphere in there to represent tatooine and that will ned some decent textures but I'll give it a try

therfiles likes this

well , I dont have the files anymore apearently

but i'll try to get you a decent skybox going - but tha tis going to be a little more complicated than Szicos skybox , I'll need a gigantic sphere in there to represent tatooine and that will ned some decent textures but I'll give it a try

Thanks dude! PM me if you need anything else! :D