So, Ladders In Jedi Academy..

Using the word still is a bit strange though, as given, you won't see it in MP without a server+client mod. And SP would need a code mod as well.

It's not hard to implement the movement per se, but you wouldn't have great animation fluidity.

Using the word still is a bit strange though, as given, you won't see it in MP without a server+client mod. And SP would need a code mod as well.

It's not hard to implement the movement per se, but you wouldn't have great animation fluidity.

My Jedi Outcast project used the ladder shader since in first person it doesn't really matter. However, I have to do some re-design of my project where the ladders are. Just figured I'd ask in case someone may have got it to work thus saving me the trouble to make changes.

wait, are we sure he's not talking about ladder type maps? :huh:

We are sure.  :lol:

the_raven likes this

My Jedi Outcast project used the ladder shader since in first person it doesn't really matter. However, I have to do some re-design of my project where the ladders are. Just figured I'd ask in case someone may have got it to work thus saving me the trouble to make changes.

We are sure. :lol:

Yeah we are. The shader parameter surface exists but that's it. In base game

Hmm I think it can work with scripts. And just make a new animation to the game. 

1. Make a trigger_multiple before the ladder. After pressing the button the player will be unable to move,shoot etc
2. Make the script to make player model place hands on the ladder. (on the way we would have - trigger push that slowly pushes playermodel to the top. The animations will give a feeling that we are actually climbing up) 
3. 2 trigger multiple on the bottom part a trigger that change the animation - from climbing ON the ladder to climbing UP animation. And last trigger multiple that is on the top of the ladder will trigger a script that will start climbing OFF the ladder.

This is my idea how to make this.. it would work for SP only and it rly would cost much time and effort ... It would be cool for some mercenary mod and it would be rly cool to see player model climb on the ladder. .. but making scripts, animations that are also fit to the ladder that would be put on the map somewhere... this would be sooooo time consuming to do... BUT COOL! 

Hmm I think it can work with scripts. And just make a new animation to the game. 

1. Make a trigger_multiple before the ladder. After pressing the button the player will be unable to move,shoot etc

2. Make the script to make player model place hands on the ladder. (on the way we would have - trigger push that slowly pushes playermodel to the top. The animations will give a feeling that we are actually climbing up) 

3. 2 trigger multiple on the bottom part a trigger that change the animation - from climbing ON the ladder to climbing UP animation. And last trigger multiple that is on the top of the ladder will trigger a script that will start climbing OFF the ladder.

This is my idea how to make this.. it would work for SP only and it rly would cost much time and effort ... It would be cool for some mercenary mod and it would be rly cool to see player model climb on the ladder. .. but making scripts, animations that are also fit to the ladder that would be put on the map somewhere... this would be sooooo time consuming to do... BUT COOL! 

If we had the animations it would be a real possibility to implement ladders and it wouldn't be that hard. I thought of something similar, but I'd make the player's model invisible and place a fake player NPC that uses the proper animations while moving up or down like an elevator. It'd follow the proper ref_tags the map should have. It really shouldn't be that hard, the main problem is the lack of animations. 

If we had the animations it would be a real possibility to implement ladders and it wouldn't be that hard. I thought of something similar, but I'd make the player's model invisible and place a fake player NPC that uses the proper animations while moving up or down like an elevator. It'd follow the proper ref_tags the map should have. It really shouldn't be that hard, the main problem is the lack of animations. 

It would be RLY cool If scripts would allow us to make something happend after we press space bar or movements keys. This would allow us to make SSOOOOO many things.... The sad thing i never saw anything possible in the icarius manuals and even in behaved... 

That is why movement of the character would be automatic.. 

z3filus likes this