What would the JA Engine say for more advance dismemberment ?

We can cut off: heads, legs, hands, cut the body in half from left to right & right to left.

That is something already,

but what if we had possibility to dismember under other angles for example the forty-five degrees angle. Cutting from head to crotch making the model to get divided by vertical ninety degress angle would be amusing to watch, undoubtly.

Any thoughs my dear, psychopats players?

More dismemberment regions are possible, certainly. SOF2 is very similar and has stuff like splitting the head in half.

Does that mean it would be easy to implement in JK2 and JKA due to the fact they use the same modified id tech 3 engine?

Yeah .. Dismemberment like in Metal Gear Rising Revengence .. I was always curious how did they make it?? Sometimes models are cut in the places where polys are not stick together ... How?? Is it like we were cutting the edges of the model.. this would generate new polys or something

metal-gear-mgs-mg-rising-revengeance-e3-

i dont know.. I always wanted for Jk3 an SP mod when we can simply dismember enemies with the blasters. It would be cool to shoot someone with the flechette and completely destroy guy into pieces.

k4far and Smoo like this

Well i found something like this :

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/49vqt5/game_mechanic_dynamic_mesh_cutting_metal_gear/

• An object can be cut anywhere, as specific as the player likes.

• The engine dynamically generates inside-faces for where geometry has been cut, and applies an appropriate texture to it.

• The objects can be cut multiple times, at as many different angles, and re-cut any of the cut-off pieces into smaller chunks.

I mean imagine Jk3 lightsaber combat with this .. cutting someone with the strong m1+w attack in the half

You don't have to have them cut like that, it's just to show the extra segments in SoFII.

Funny how Soldier of Fortune 1 was banned in Australia but 2 wasn't lol

We now have an 18+ rating for games, so pretty happy about that.

Smoo and k4far like this

@@DT85 @

Fun Fact: Because of the violence, Soldier of Fortune 2 was banned in Germany, but a heavily censored version was released instead.

The best part: Every single character was turned into a robot, simply by applying metallic or grey textures and robot-like animations on the models.

And to give some sort of explaination to this mess, the entire plot was "moved" into another dimension. This was done by merely adding an opening text, exclusively for the censored version, which explains that in

another dimension, humans were wiped out by robots. After a while, the robots based their daily lifes on the humans, which explains why the robots all behave like people. The plot of the censored version remains identical to the uncensored version.

sof2-german.jpg

When it comes to censorship, Germany takes the cake. There are lots of censored and banned games to choose from. Even Star Wars: Dark Forces is banned to this day, because of it's resemblance to games like Doom. Ironically, Doom was unbanned some years ago. But Dark Forces is available on Steam, though. In the recent years, the federal agencies mellowed down by a great amount, which means that even risky games can be released without any problems.

Smoo and Circa like this

It's amazing how the so called 'civilized' world sounds like a police state. I remember the cuckolded politicians in my country saying that we should ban games like Mortal Kombat since they were satanic and also banned in countries like Australia. 

Smoo likes this

@@DT85 @

Fun Fact: Because of the violence, Soldier of Fortune 2 was banned in Germany, but a heavily censored version was released instead.

The best part: Every single character was turned into a robot, simply by applying metallic or grey textures and robot-like animations on the models.

And to give some sort of explaination to this mess, the entire plot was "moved" into another dimension. This was done by merely adding an opening text, exclusively for the censored version, which explains that in

another dimension, humans were wiped out by robots. After a while, the robots based their daily lifes on the humans, which explains why the robots all behave like people. The plot of the censored version remains identical to the uncensored version.

sof2-german.jpg

When it comes to censorship, Germany takes the cake. There are lots of censored and banned games to choose from. Even Star Wars: Dark Forces is banned to this day, because of it's resemblance to games like Doom.

But it's available on Steam, though. In the recent years, the federal agencies mellowed down by a great amount, which means that even risky games can be released without any problems.

Yeah I think Australia only got the platinum version well I think? Cause it had parental control option when u install