HK-47? or any hk?

I have always wondered why no one ever made a hk model for jedi academy, i know kotor model got ported over but why is it no one ever made their own model?

Main reason I am asking this because it would be pretty neat for hk-47 or any hk to be officially put into mb2 (yes I am well aware of the peneke pack)

Asgarath83 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have Blender anymore and I refuse to reinstall it, the software's UI is the worst I've ever seen.

I figured, but was posting for others to take a look at. I know that you already know what you're doing. :P

didn't someone already port HK-47 from Kotor? :huh:

Yes, multiple times. But they're rigged really badly. The hands don't move, the hips are rigged too low somehow and some of the models' faces aren't rigged at all.

If you want the ported models badly enough, you can easily find them. Hint: ModDB.

the_raven likes this

@@Circa I don't want the terribly done ports, I want the bare models from the games assets so that I could properly put them in JA complete with LOD's and caps.

I know, like I said, was mentioning for others. :P Don't you have the games though? Just need to use KOTOR Tool to extract them.

Got hold of an extracted HK-47 from KOTOR, but the model seems messed up - parts missing, etc.

I did, however, find what might be a better alternative. A guy called 'cirre992' made HD remakes of several KOTOR characters and offered them for free distribution with the original intention of someone porting them to the source engine for Garry's Mod:

klineup.jpg

The HK model in particular looks pretty good - to the point that I wasn't going to share it here as I thought it was just a port of the SWTOR model. However I've extracted the TOR model and compared the two and it does indeed appear to be an original, free-to-use creation by the above user. It's also well within normal JKA model limits at ~2615 vertices across the whole model.

If it's of any use to anyone for getting into JKA, the pack can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ks6nwgc3s1bb4cr/kotor+source+files.rar