Grand Moff Tarkin

It's no wonder why we don't have a perfect Grand Moff Tarkin model on here. He's one of the main Imperial leaders and is in charge of the Death Star. I should probably guess to use the body on Tarkin, you can just use one of HapSlash's Imperial Officer models that has a High Commander rank on the insignia. And then hopefully anyone can like scan Peter Cushing's head with MakeHuman to make him look better.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2888-hapslashs-improved-imperial-officer-with-customization-support/

Grand_Moff_Tarkin.pngIBXVB.jpg

krkarr likes this

It's no wonder why we don't have a perfect Grand Moff Tarkin model on here. He's one of the main Imperial leaders and is in charge of the Death Star. I should probably guess to use the body on Tarkin, you can just use one of HapSlash's Imperial Officer models that has a High Commander rank on the insignia. And then hopefully anyone can like scan Peter Cushing's head with MakeHuman to make him look better.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2888-hapslashs-improved-imperial-officer-with-customization-support/

Grand_Moff_Tarkin.pngIBXVB.jpg

https://jkhub.org/topic/4930-kualans-kitbash-workshop/?p=95315

I was wanting for a better looking head model of Wilhuff Tarkin that's reminiscent to HapSlash's unreleased Grand Moff Tarkin model.

tarkin_01.jpg

Well I don't think he is contactable anymore. However judging from that image, it looks like a heavily modified Count Dooku head put onto an imperial body. Perhaps there are some nice models of Tarkin in old Lucasarts games that could be ported?

Edit: I know Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes has a more "animated" version of Tarkin:

grand-moff-tarkin.png

Probably not the best model but you could probably edit the head to look more realistic.

If i may add from my experience with MakeHuman, as far as i know it can't scan it. You just have a base human body with a head all together and you than build your character to be a woman or a man, just like in RPG games or like in Sims 4. That is how i tried to re-created the head of Sebastian Shaw for aged Anakin Skywalker from 1983 original ROTJ

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

What a good coincidence  :)  A week ago I almost finished (just some final touches for a texture remained) a variant of Tarkin's head in which I attempted to recreate a lost HapSlash's version (with heavily reworked mesh of of Haps' Dooku and new texture based a 1,5* extant screenshots with front view of Haps' Tarkin). I'll upload it as soon as I finish my pack of improvements for Haps' Imperial Officer outfit (with armored and dressed in coat versions, more options for rank insignia badges, more accurate garniture etc).

*One of them was removed from image hosting and extant only as low-quality preview image from Google Cache, and on the second front view is a transculent background image.

h_1466682186_6015263_e518014536.png

h_1466681873_6475513_1c8ec646df.png

krkarr, swegmaster, The Punisher and 7 others like this

What a good coincidence  :)  A week ago I almost finished (just some final touches for a texture remained) a variant of Tarkin's head in which I attempted to recreate a lost HapSlash's version (with heavily reworked mesh of of Haps' Dooku and new texture based a 1,5* extant screenshots with front view of Haps' Tarkin). I'll upload it as soon as I finish my pack of improvements for Haps' Imperial Officer outfit (with armored and dressed in coat versions, more options for rank insignia badges, more accurate garniture etc).

*One of them was removed from image hosting and extant only as low-quality preview image from Google Cache, and on the second front view is a transculent background image.

h_1466682186_6015263_e518014536.png

h_1466681873_6475513_1c8ec646df.png

"I think it is time we demonstrated the full power of this model. Set your course for file section."

KyleKatarn1995 and Ramikad like this

(with heavily reworked mesh of of Haps' Dooku and new texture based a 1,5* extant screenshots with front view of Haps' Tarkin)

Probably one of the greatest things I've ever read regarding playermodels. You know what's awesome about that very sentence I've quoted? That you've practically merged Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing together.

Let me explain:

Lee and Cushing were frequently working together in horror movies, especially in those made by Hammer Films. Apart from that, both men were very close friends in real-life. And now you've just merged them together.

You, sir, have created the greatest coincidence in the history of JKHub!

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

*One of them was removed from image hosting and extant only as low-quality preview image from Google Cache, and on the second front view is a transculent background image.h_1466682186_6015263_e518014536.pngh_1466681873_6475513_1c8ec646df.png

This looks absolutely perfect!! He looks just like Haps' Grand Moff Tarkin! I'm loving this one! :D

None of these models posted looks like him. His facial features are too unique to be able to just take a head from another model, the geometry needs to match the structure of his face.

Personally I think @@Vade Parvis 's reworked mesh looks pretty good in regards to facial structure. The nose, sunken cheeks, etc all seem particularly Cushing-esque. The only major thing that needs to be changed is the hair could do with being reshaped.

In fact Vade, if you like I'd be happy to try my hand at it.

Langerd likes this