Mysteries of the Sith Mod

we'll also need the seeker rail :), and we also need a new model for none other than... the dart flower in the swamp levels, as well as:

List of mots character models needed to be done so far:

grave tuskens

ughnaughts

vornskr

dart flower

yun sith statue "brown statue with red saber"

first pirate raider variant "one with short sleeves, no helmet and doesn't look like the normal ja merc"

kaerobani "one of the mp models"

mots human merc"possibly could be made, looks a bit more brown in mots than ja"

abron mar

tusken disguise"should work same way as stormie disguise in darkjedi code"

DF2 gets worked on, without team members though progress is very slow to the point of not even bothering posting.

Ramikad is still making maps and I'm still making models/animations.

A copy/paste of the old games maps along with frankensteined models wouldn't be any good though. Original content along with the continuation of Rend2 is what's needed, the vanilla renderer hasn't aged very well. If you guys notice, the AT-ST I released was originally going to be for DF2 only and it includes shaders for it to run on the Rend2 renderer as well as normal maps.

Ramikad and TheWhitePhoenix like this

The seeker rail was just the rail detonator with red accents instead of yellow, so that can be covered with just one model. Also, Kaerobani is never seen in single player.

yes of course, i've also looked and this is the list of models done for the mod:

kyle katarn:yes

dark kyle:yes

dark rahn:yes

sariss, yun, and jerec:yes

gorc and pic for df2:no

mots mara jade:yes

dark mara:yes

luke skywalker bespin outfit:yes"done with haps luke"

darth vader:yes"done with haps vader that was also in the df mod source files along with mohc"

one-eye:yes

mandalore"boba fett":yes

trandoshan:yes

protocol droid:yes

rodian:yes

weequay:yes"strangely looks like the ja human merc"

pirate raider 2"one with the pistol":no

pirate raider 1"one who sometimes has a rail or blaster":yes

abron mar:no

krugon:yes

veamon:yes

jan ors:yes

grave tusken 1&2:no

kaerobani"mp":no

scout trooper:yes

tie pilot:yes

at-at pilot:yes

admiral"mp":yes

santiago:yes

rugar:yes

imp commando:yes"could use a reskin without the goggles"

imp officer:yes

mots stormtrooper:yes"not barricade24's own fieldtrooper, just haps with the bonus pauldron and backpack"

rebel soldier:yes"slight reskin"

rebel officer:yes

rebel commander:yes

enemies in sp not done:

weequay"mots version"

that white droid that would take 2 shots at you and then fly off"actually done, but assumably in the df2 mod source files"

grave tuskens

abron mar"you don't face him, you just chase him down and don't even kill him"

noghri"looked gigantic in mots and held a large knife trying to stab you, could also dash a fine distance"

dart flower

vornskr"does have a model but its a md3 and not an actual playermodel, also has beta textures"

yun sith statue"brown with red saber"

The sound wouldnt be as ridiculous if it had other jump sounds to randomly alternate through... how cool would that be to go into say openjk and create a system that randomly chooses 1 of say 5 different sounds for the same action

@@eezstreet any thoughts? Blasters and everything would be so much more immersive

That jump sound needs to go away, it sounds ridiculous.

i didn't exactly make the sounds for him, someone else did, and even then i don't know what else to replace his jump sound with, i'm thinking about having the system from df2 where there wasn't a specific jump sound, like in mots, the jump sound changed depending on what surface you were standing on, ex. if it was metal, the jump sound would sound metallic

Ramikad likes this

i didn't exactly make the sounds for him, someone else did, and even then i don't know what else to replace his jump sound with, i'm thinking about having the system from df2 where there wasn't a specific jump sound, like in mots, the jump sound changed depending on what surface you were standing on, ex. if it was metal, the jump sound would sound metallic

That is done through proper level design to have the sounds used based on the surface.

Ramikad and swegmaster like this

At best you should be converting the levels to use as a sort of reference, not to be used for the final product.

yes i realize that, but i've got a question, which option in bsp of gtkradiant should i choose for converting the .map?

At best you should be converting the levels to use as a sort of reference, not to be used for the final product.

Still a matter of opinion. Outdoor levels, yes. But for instance 95% of the Altyr V base is plenty complex structurally.

Still a matter of opinion. Outdoor levels, yes. But for instance 95% of the Altyr V base is plenty complex structurally.

which bsp option did you use to convert the .maps to bsp? theres a crap ton of options and i tried experimenting with them, but still got a few bugs with them like some textures appearing in 4x4 patterns of itself

For testing the level without lighting (fastest) just use Q3Map2 (single) BSP -meta. If you want to test lighting, the fastest way is to run that first part, then once that is complete run Q3Map2 (single test) -light -faster. If you want a more final style compile use Q3Map2 (test) BSP -meta -vis -light fast -filter, and on your very last compile before you release something select Q3Map2 (final) BSP -meta -vis -light -fast -filter -super 2 -bounce 8. I would run that last one overnight, it takes a really long time depending on the complexity of your map and how fast your PC is.

swegmaster likes this

@@Teancum thanks, but is it alright for gtkradiant to give me: WARNING: hit per-surface style limit (4), and a loooong list of that warning? i'm using the final bsp convert option you said took a very long time depending on how fast my pc was at this time of writing

Which map is this?

doing the asteroid crust, its done now, but is the lava supposed to be like this, because i could've sworn from your screenshot the tex. looked like one and much better than this, you can also hurt yourself in it unlike the original

GwuZpL2.jpg

I've got Altyr 5 running, so don't worry about that one. As far as that glow, check to be sure asteroid_crust.shader is in the right place.

its not the glow, asteroid_crust is in the right place, its the texture pattern, in case you didn't notice. compare your screenshot of the lava fall with the untextured crate to the left with my screenshot of the lava fall with me holding a blaster and you'll notice in your screen the lava is not in patterns, could you possibly send me your converted version of the map? because i know its being caused by how it was converted, something seems to have happened when i converted it that caused all the lava to have their textures go in patterns"the texture copied, made smaller, then pasted by itself"