"Unstable" Saber Effect for JKA Single Player POSSIBLE/REQUEST??

Ok, so I was kinda' thinking about more "cosmetic" improvements that could be made to the 'Single Player' aspect of "Jedi Academy".. More primarily, the protagonist and his/her (depending on whether you make Jaden a male of female) direction and abilities at the start of the game.

It also made me think of of how much Jaden is similar to Kylo Ren and the whole lightsaber ordeal, at the beginning of the game. For those of you that don't remember, let me refresh your memory. It's stated in the "Title Crawl"/intro to the game;

"JADEN KORR, a
promising student from
Coruscant, is en route to
the Academy after
achieving the impossible:
creating a lightsaber
without any formal Jedi
training...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfp8cuAqZ4

Which got me thinking, that in a more realistic world.. Due to Jaden's lack of knowledge/training. etc. His lightsaber would resemble that of Kylo Ren's lightsaber from 'The Force Awakens', with the "unstable" blade effect. Now, there's a lot of lightsaber mods flying around the site, but I do also have the "Movie Battles II" mod, installed and I know it currently has a Kylo Ren lightsaber included in there, with sounds and such. So for personal use, I was wondering if someone knew how to extract that lightsaber's blade effect and possibly the sounds, too.. And turn it into a .pk3 mod, in itself.. to replace maybe a certain colour saber on the 'Lightsaber creation' screen?

Or failing that, if someone would be willing to create one from scratch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

@@Circa @@eezstreet @@DT85 @@Barricade24 @@redsaurus @@The Unguided

MrHeisenberg likes this

I have never played MB (wasn't it discontinued? :huh: ), so I can't really say anything relevant, but there is the JA++ mod that adds a new saber color (that's rgb-supported) that makes the blade look fuzzy or something. It's not animated, but it's something. Of course, it's for multiplayer, though I have to see if it works in singleplayer :D

Which got me thinking, that in a more realistic world.. Due to Jaden's lack of knowledge/training. etc. His lightsaber would resemble that of Kylo Ren's lightsaber from 'The Force Awakens', with the "unstable" blade effect

Well actually Kylo's lightsaber has the unstable effect because the crystal is unstable, not the hilt. It wasn't a matter of poor engineering, it was just a wacky crystal he found.

If you want to change the saber effects to have an unstable effect, it will affect all lightsabers in the game, not just Jaden's. That is, unless you change the coding.

or make a .efx file to create the unstable effect and add a mostly blank .sab entry that just has the line that binds an .efx file to a saber, then equip your character with any random saber and call for the .sab file with the unstable saber effect to bolt the effect to your current saber

I have done this years ago and it worked, but it was kinda ugly

K78OU.jpg?1

swegmaster and DT. like this

or make a .efx file to create the unstable effect and add a mostly blank .sab entry that just has the line that binds an .efx file to a saber, then equip your character with any random saber and call for the .sab file with the unstable saber effect to bolt the effect to your current saber

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=87ff1698ac2e962a272c4ec4c68fd3c4&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7281&p=104443&md5check=bdd0f5f0ebdd1a4a36083685a1184406&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,6EffQjZkmdw'); //]]></script>K78OU.jpg?1&&0

Well, Barricade's been guiding me through some stuff saying that you can make the unstable blade hilt or colour specific. I've extracted the sounds from the MBII mod and made a few of my own. So on the 'sounds' side of things I'm ready to go. I also extracted 3 .jpg files, shown below, although I'm not sure if these make any difference..

TVk9Xfq.jpg

And I do also have a .sab file, which I believe still needs editing.. But could use some help with this and putting it all together. I've never delved into lightsaber modding, before. So yeah, any advice or guides or if there's any tutorials anywhere, that'd be good.

I tried this in the past, but it didn't seem to turn out that well. In my case it seemed like the effect was somehow "delayed" or not updated as frequently as the saber blade, thus looking a bit off.

How would you apply an EFX to the saber without coding? Always wanted to use EFX instead for the blades.

How would you apply an EFX to the saber without coding? Always wanted to use EFX instead for the blades.

Add a

bladeEffect    path_after_effects/effect.efx

in the .sab file. There are other effects, but I can't remember them right now.

Edit: Found them:

blockEffect, hitOtherEffect, hitPersonEffect.

If you're here to cause trouble.. Save it.

Back to the topic at hand, @@DT85 has made a great replica of the blade, that mimics the one shown here, that's used in MBII:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=64068679cc689125d88d71dcaed67fec&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7281&p=105006&md5check=ec7ded8f2511059ea9c2300116e84464&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,Udc0sZV-sCU'); //]]></script>2re17p4.jpg&&0

Only problem is the saber loop sounds. As the "hum" sound plays, it doesn't loop properly and stops & starts, after its initial play.

Kinda off topic, but what map is that?