If you guys like Jedi Knight, you might also enjoy Blade Symphony.

From wikipedia: "The game focuses on sword-based duelling, it is reminiscent of and inspired by Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. [...] The game does not aim for an authentic representation of swordplay and instead features acrobatic, fantastical combat with flashy animations. Players can choose from different characters, styles and blades and compete in different modes."

As the gameplay trailer shows, it's pretty close to the next-gen spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight series we never got. You can get it dirt cheap off Steam, and I really recommend a try!

Bek and Smoo like this

"the animations are horrible"

oh come on @, I know this aint exactly a JA modification, but if you're looking for a new JediKnight game, you may aswel choose this one.
out of all the modding projects along the years, this one pulled trough, unlike JKG and few other attempts. MovieBattles as a project is equally noticable.

"the animations are horrible"

oh come on @, I know this aint exactly a JA modification, but if you're looking for a new JediKnight game, you may aswel choose this one.

out of all the modding projects along the years, this one pulled trough, unlike JKG and few other attempts. MovieBattles as a project is equally noticable.

The problem is not that BS is different from JK. The problem is that this game is bad imo. I much rather play Chivalry or Movie Battles when it comes to melee games.

I'm not a fan of people saying its the "new Jedi Knight" because, well, it's not even Star Wars. Sure they are similar in combat (as in, hack and slash to your heart's content) but calling it a new JK replacement isn't really valid in my book. Maybe that's just me.

Tx606 and Syko like this

Chivalry was created by the guys who did Age of Chivalry (source mod) and the combat is nothing like Jedi Knight (and I never had the feeling that they even try to have JK-like gameplay mechanics but I can be wrong).

Edit: lol

There are a couple of upcoming indie melee-games (Slasher, Rivalry, Reverence) but most of them are from unsatisfied Chivalry players so the games will have similar combat mechanics. Slasher is pretty much like an updated Chivalry and Reverence is a game where you've got full control over your attacks with no pre-defined attack-animations. It looks kinda random though. It's currently on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1773037999/reverence-the-ultimate-combat-experience

I really wish some people of this community would form a team to make a game with real JK mechanics on a new engine.

I gave BS its due but eventually decided it was no good. Rather than make animations for diagonal movements like jka and aerial movements like jka/jk2, they instead added in silly combination movements that  like feel more like a witcher 3 movement that you can't really control than a jedi knight game. Also much of the strategy in the game seemed to revolve around timing a throwing star right so you could bull rush your opponent and throw him followed by spamming some more throwing stars for when he gets up from ground so you can try to repeat same thing.

It also seems that this thing was a HL mod they created a couple years before they ever put it on steam. Most of the game is just the same mod repackaged and for sale this time rather than just downloading it for free as before. No doubt it would have been a pretty cool mod, but as a stand along game it doesn't really cut it especially since the combat is inferior to the old stand by jk2/jka.

I'm sure the game was just as terrible before SoW cut ties with the devs. It also makes me question the intentions of the devs in seeking out suggestions from anyone who isn't playing JKA at a high level. Clearly they could not have approached this with the intention of making this game competitively compelling, despite the game's focus being on combat. This is ok of course, since there are many games out there that focus on combat without being competitively compelling and are still fun, but it's a bit of a missed opportunity.