Which audio converter is the best?

A while ago, I posted two sound mods. It took me a while and lots of concentration to get them working.

After these two, I wanted to create more projects like these, but the processes are way to complicated.

Some files require specific settings, some not. And after all the back and forth, I can be glad when at least

one file is working correctly in the game.

My question is: Which program is the best for sound editing/converting? I'm looking for a program

that is easy to use that can handle the settings required for Jedi Academy without being too complicated.

I'm using Audacity, but it seems that it converts the audio files correctly whenever it feels like.

A while ago, I posted two sound mods. It took me a while and lots of concentration to get them working.

After these two, I wanted to create more projects like these, but the processes are way to complicated.

Some files require specific settings, some not. And after all the back and forth, I can be glad when at least

one file is working correctly in the game.

My question is: Which program is the best for sound editing/converting? I'm looking for a program

that is easy to use that can handle the settings required for Jedi Academy without being too complicated.

I'm using Audacity, but it seems that it converts the audio files correctly whenever it feels like.

I used Audactiy 2.0.5 and never had any issues with it having a mind of its own. I was never able to get the vocodor working, though.  I only did simple stuff like converting to the proper frequency or cutting up sound effects. Most complex I did was I  made a robot voice from a text to speech program  that turned out alright.

• 1 month later...

Audacity is great for basic editing and quick conversion, but if you want a full DAW with more plugins and more complex functions as well you should get Reaper. It's "free" (meaning it's a 100% no-restrictions demo for life) but you're encouraged to pay $60 for a license if you like it.

Smoo and Circa like this