EPVII Stormtrooper

I found this one on the pinterest page. It might help with some details and helmet specifics.

EP7-TK-may-12-2015.jpg

In m opinion this new helmet looks very well made. Armor is not as great but it is not bad at all too :)

Your model Is great! Cant wait :3

Just an update regarding triangle count. 5,808 tris optimised.

EDIT:

Just finished the UV unwrapping. 3 textures in total - 1 for the helmet @ 1024x, 1 for the bodysuit @ 1024x & 1 for all the armor @ 2048x. Decided to give the helmet it's own texture sheet for better resolution on the finer details. I made the mistake of including the helmet with the armor texture sheet for the ROTJ stormtrooper.

Just a note to the reskinners - there will be mirrored parts.

dark_apprentice likes this

Update:

xqkgvq.png

Helmet is 100% complete, Bodysuit texture is about 90% complete, the armor just has an AO map + basic colors. Still need to tweak the helmet specular, the armor just has the diffuse in the specular slot for now.

Dem gloves doe :o amazing!

I know this is like...super far into the future but would you add the SP replacement files like what you did with your ROTJ troopers? And would there be "dirty" variants of the trooper?

I could probably make a version much like the ST Battle Damaged skin I made if DT is all right with that.

Jolly and Langerd like this

Rounded a few areas to be less blocky:

2dgvygp.png

Triangle count is now at 6,084, about a 200 increase. This will have a full set of LODs though.

Will look amazing once the legs are complete but great job so far, very impressive.

It would be nice to see the new stormtrooper in action before Episode VII release.

I just wondered: in the past such models (e.g. Clone Troopers Phase II) - were they released by fans before or after the movie?

I think for the most part they were Stormtrooper reskins but the Clone Ultima pack was released way after the movie.

NumberWan likes this