Reskinned Darth Malgus port

Yay, Psyko is gonna finally release his! Sorry but his gets way more points for being an original work.

Yup, I had to ask him about that since he started working on Shaak Ti, last time I spoke with him, he was working on some last minute things such as NPC file, bots etc. :P

DT. likes this
  • 1 year later...

@@Psyk0Sith modelers will never be useless though, certain characters just aren't possible with ports and kit bashing, like the handful of characters I need for the DF2 mod *hint *hint. ;)

Kids on here are a bunch of crack heads though. All of the true greats have been forgotten while the porters/kitbashers are looked at as gods amongst men.

Then these 30 page long WIP threads on them, like I have the time to even go through all that, I honestly haven't even clicked on one of them yet and the more time that goes by the less I wanna.

screen-shot-2013-01-20-at-10-26-50-pm.pn

Psyk0Sith likes this

@@hleV That's why it can be turned off on mine!

@@Noodle Very considerate of you, seems like character modelers are becoming useless with all these ports / kit bashing. Understandable tho, gamers are like coke addicts when it comes to content, they always need more and right now, so porting is a lot quicker.

Far from it. I can only speak for myself, but kitbashing has been a great way for me to learn how to use modelling tools and educate myself on how 3D models and animation work. I don't see the kitbashes as the sum of my achievements, but rather a crucial stepping stone to eventually moving to full from-scratch 3D modelling.

Don't see yourself as being supplanted by kitbashers, but rather see kitbashing as a learning curve for those who are looking to emulate "true modellers" like yourself. 

Noodle and DarthDementous like this

seems like character modelers are becoming useless with all these ports / kit bashing. Understandable tho, gamers are like coke addicts when it comes to content, they always need more and right now, so porting is a lot quicker.

I disagree. Just look at how original models are received compared to any kitbash or port. As long as they're done correctly (which they usually are now), models made from scratch are much better.

Models have definitely moved from quantity, rather than quality, much like skins used to be back in the day. We've got people learning as they go, which is fine. Like Kualan said, some people that are doing these kitbashes and ports are learning how to use these programs, and will soon be able to create original things. It's already started to happen, which is awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...