Frankensteining with blender.

Jolly
Go to solution Solved by Artemis,

@@Circa I hate to bother, but could you PM me a step by step of how to make a simple frankenstein on blender? 

I'll be making a legit tutorial (giving credit to various people) here soon once I get more comfortable with it. Add me on Steam or Skype (see profile) and I can help you out, maybe. :P

z3filus likes this

For the record, I'm not going to be helping everyone personally. Once I get this all figured out I'll write a tutorial.

I just made one and loaded it in Modview, but it gives an error:

Model has 83 surfaces, but only 90 of them are connected through the heirarchy, the rest will never be recursed into.

This model needs rebuilding.

But the model loaded fine aside from that. All the right model pieces are there. I've gone through the hierarchy and everything looks fine. Any ideas, @ or @@mrwonko?

I pressed import I don't see glm

Did you install this correctly?  http://jkhub.org/files/file/1413-blender-264-jedi-academy-plugin-suite/

I just made one and loaded it in Modview, but it gives an error

Are you sure that you fixed the names in the Object Data tab?  That's where I mess up most.  Another place is with the caps because it's a pain to find all of them.

And you might want to look in the space above the model for giant pieces-parts that you might have unparented on accident.

Aaand if you were to completely rename a mesh, did you change it in the Ghoul 2 Properties at the very bottom of the Object tab?

My models never load in Modview if I mess something up, so I'm not sure what you would've done to get an error and still load it.

@ well I've been doing things a bit differently. Instead of replacing the head of the original model, I added it so both heads can be surfed on and off via skin files. It worked fine here:

UxDpZ0k.png

No errors or anything. Worked great.

But now I'm trying to help @@Jolly and running into that issue. The difference with this one is, the head_0 and parts are named the same as the original model, so I tried renaming to a new name, head_b, which I renamed the objects, object data, and Ghoul2 properties to those names. So opening in ModView shows those and it looks fine. Just gives that error, and I can't figure out why. 

Error:

RLgcCJP.png

Pressing okay and going through the Surfaces to find it all working fine:

Xhd6mtZ.png

I also get this error with some certain models:

Q2OAlFD.png

Most of these questions are mostly directed at @@mrwonko. :P

I also get this error with some certain models:

Q2OAlFD.png

That should really only be possible if you changed the geometry, adding new vertices. It's a somewhat badly worded note that some or all of the hips_belt vertices lack UV mapping.

Regarding the other problems, I'd have to take a look at the model in Blender, there must be something off about the hierarchy or something.

That should really only be possible if you changed the geometry, adding new vertices. It's a somewhat badly worded note that some or all of the hips_belt vertices lack UV mapping.

Regarding the other problems, I'd have to take a look at the model in Blender, there must be something off about the hierarchy or something.

Odd. I did it through twice without touching the model itself at all and still get the issue. I'll try again.

For the other issue, here's the project file if you want to take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cehxwuw1oflduv4/KylePilot.blend?dl=0

Avenger likes this

@

This is the button to change to texture views:

blenderref_tex_zps5717ea9e.png

Click it and pick the one with red checkered-y things.

Aaand because that model has a ton of pieces, you're gonna be stuck seeing all of them.  The ones turned OFF in the model_default.skin will show up as white.