My first model.

Well looks like i'm late to the Party :D

first model you say ? not bad !

but as you know me I'm, quite itnerested in seeing a wireframe overlay, to give you some suggestions to improve your models performance ingame

[sharedmedia=tutorials:tutorials:177] take a look at this and give these a shot each saved face is a surface less the game has to render and thereby beneficial to performance
when I started I did not know a lot about this stuff and really didn't give a shit, which is why I've started to remake some of my older models :P

you don't have to follow my advice but I think you might benefit from this ;)

EDIT : you should also look into smoothing/shading breaks in blender
they'll help you define hard edges

Well looks like i'm late to the Party :D

first model you say ? not bad !

but as you know me I'm, quite itnerested in seeing a wireframe overlay, to give you some suggestions to improve your models performance ingame

take a look at this and give these a shot each saved face is a surface less the game has to render and thereby beneficial to performance
when I started I did not know a lot about this stuff and really didn't give a shit, which is why I've started to remake some of my older models :P

you don't have to follow my advice but I think you might benefit from this ;)

Hey yeah I tried to keep it in mind as much as my limited skill allows. I used a decimate modifier to get the faces down. I still ran a little high on that count.

I'll upload a wireframe: wireframe.jpg?dl=0

Ok cool thanks. Sorry I should of but i may have saved over my blend file by accident. I have a copy I posted here so I could download it and fix it(it wasn't set up properly.)

Your likely right on the stock. I was thinking of getting the scope down a bit too.. Thanks for the advice Ashura. I read your tutorial not long ago and I tried to keep that in mind, I'll get better with efficiency as I make more.

Archangel35757 .

I tried to find some tutorials but I had no such luck. I even downloaded some but they didn't cover anything I needed. If you have these lying around It would be great if you sent me some, If you have the time/motivation.

•