My first model.

I hope you add custom sounds to it and maybe try to replicate the firetime and damage. Oh, and make it available for jk2 please....  :D

If any one wants to help with that?

I can't seem to get the 1st person view running well. I'll get there eventually I suppose.

the UV's could still be improved, give this a shot :

apply a checkerboard texture to the model while UV mapping, then try to keep everything in evensized squares,

otherwise you'll get blurry/stretched textures on some places and extremely crisp textures on other parts

just compare your barrel with the back of the gun and you'll see what I mean, the checker texture helps to avoid issues like this ;)

The barrel should honestly be redone with say a 10 sided cylinder, right now different sections have different amounts of iterations which would cause all sorts of problems if you did something like tried to bake normals.

Kinda going on what Ashura said you should aim to make things out of quads as much as possible with the edgeloops following the major features.

Yeah I know the handle is a mess. I'm still learning the ins and outs of looping techniques.I think the only good points is the hard edgeing worked how I wanted and the blaster is accurate. This only took me three hours which I thought was good for a beginner. I'll probably remake it. Thanks for your criticisms. I look up to modelling pros such as yourselves.  

@@Mandalorian Yes ! much better

at the first glance I only see 2 vertices you could probably weld, at the rear end of the gun above the handle

you got a sstretched face going form the inside of the trigger guard to that upper corner, you could weld the front vertex of those to the back one and save 1 vertex per side but that's really nitpicking now

• 3 weeks later...