Recognize cheating

Scripts are borderline, but there are some ways to detect blatant cheats like cvar unlockers, aimbots and various other hacks. I'm very unknowledgeable on that though, so just gonna invoke @. The guys over at the ESL were having some success with that too.

Scripts are borderline, but there are some ways to detect blatant cheats like cvar unlockers, aimbots and various other hacks. I'm very unknowledgeable on that though, so just gonna invoke @. The guys over at the ESL were having some success with that too.

I'd be interested, since there are ppl with ui_macroscan bypasses and that'd be enough for me if I knew who they were.

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

ui_macroscan bypass? Don't use JA+

Am I now cheating?

Well I will use base I guess they won't even have to bypass it

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

Tbh, the only way we ESL admins were able to detect cheats was with demos or screenshots. Sometimes people are stupid enough to leave the wallhack on when they take a screenshot. Something like the lag unlocker can be seen on the lagometer. Wallhacks are hard to detect on demos because it's hard to tell the difference between "knowing where the enemy is" (wallhacking), knowing the map perfectly (including where the spawn points are and how they work) and simply intuition.  I don't know how many times I got accused of cheating (mostly wallhacking) and there were so many supporttickets/protests about cheating in all the years I was admin and most were bullshit.

If someone uses serverside modded sabers you can detect that with configstrings if the serverowner is stupid enough.

I wouldn't call scripts "cheats" but they are usually quite obvious, for example low jump scripts can easily be seen if you know what you have to look for.

@@Bacon don't judge.

If you're cheating, I can't imagine you'd care much about playing fair or just having a good time chatting with others etc...  You're there because a) You made a cool hack yourself and want to try it out b) You have an illusive inflated ego and feel the need to make everybody see just how superior you are, even at the expense of cheating your way there.  c) You like playing against other cheaters with cheats, so really its all fair anyway.

But yeah, I suppose Bacon could be just talking about plain old poke/wiggle players who don't use scripts too, in which case that's a bit uncalled.  But I'm pretty sure he meant the ones that 'cheat' to do it.

JKG Developer

@@Bacon don't judge.

Two word mention. No clue what it means. Who am I judging?

If you're cheating, I can't imagine you'd care much about playing fair or just having a good time chatting with others etc...  You're there because a) You made a cool hack yourself and want to try it out B) You have an illusive inflated ego and feel the need to make everybody see just how superior you are, even at the expense of cheating your way there.  c) You like playing against other cheaters with cheats, so really its all fair anyway.

But yeah, I suppose Bacon could be just talking about plain old poke/wiggle players who don't use scripts too, in which case that's a bit uncalled.  But I'm pretty sure he meant the ones that 'cheat' to do it.

Little of both. cheat is cheating in games, can't stop them which ruins the fun for others. I wouldnt know the difference myself from "old poke/wiggle" to the new which i suppose is use of scripts? Either way I find those players boring to be around.

You are judging people for playing a certain way by saying that they are "boring to be around", "no fun to talk to", "in a hurry to win a duel" and not out to "enjoy it". This is just ridiculous and to be honest rather offensive.

Well, if you read his post, it specifically addressed "poke/wiggle players" and how they are somehow inferior human beings for playing a certain way. I agree with you 100% that it is completely uncalled for.

Before we enter into a discussion ended a decade plus ago, let us all be reminded of the peace and grace of our holy lord, may she guide us forever, Caelum, provider of all our JKA services. Let us all avoid the flame.

Moving on, nice attempt to instigate chaos. IF you genuinely believe that, k. Bye bye.

In relation to cheating, you could just ask. A lot of people are honest.

Before we enter into a discussion ended a decade plus ago, let us all be reminded of the peace and grace of our holy lord, may she guide us forever, Caelum, provider of all our JKA services. Let us all avoid the flame.

Moving on, nice attempt to instigate chaos. IF you genuinely believe that, k. Bye bye.

In relation to cheating, you could just ask. A lot of people are honest.

To be honest I didn't expect this to become an argument or something like that nor to instigate chaos but to find a way to recognize cheating such as JK2MF does.

IF that's TOO HARD to understand then I guess I will close the topic or something because the only answer to what I asked was provided by @afiNitor

If you're cheating, I can't imagine you'd care much about playing fair or just having a good time chatting with others etc...  You're there because a) You made a cool hack yourself and want to try it out B) You have an illusive inflated ego and feel the need to make everybody see just how superior you are, even at the expense of cheating your way there.  c) You like playing against other cheaters with cheats, so really its all fair anyway.

In JK2, JK2MF allows everyplayer to know who has a modified client or not, that way you can guess he's using a CVAR unlocker, JKBOT(eVc), a bypass etc...

I was asking if there's someway to do that in JKA, I know I won't be able to stop them from using mombots, esp hacks and scripts, but if they have to bypass the macroscan they'll need a modified client and that way I'd know.

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing for JKA. It would be incredibly useful though. Can you use JK2MF to figure out who used a modified client through demos as well?

We used this : http://puu.sh/aRYsW/5b541f7cf8.jpg and that way we determine the modified client.

When it says "Unknown", you aren't using the original client but a modified version not known by the JK2MF, probably a CVAR unlocker or eVc bypass

I didn't try the demos but it might work, though it's only serverside.

We used this : http://puu.sh/aRYsW/5b541f7cf8.jpg and that way we determine the modified client.

Rule #1: Never trust the client.

Whatever method that command uses to determine if a client is "cheat free" can be faked by the client. This is because players have access to the "cheat free" plugin, so they can modify that while keeping code there in order to spoof whatever method the /cheaters command uses and pretend it's not modified.

Xycaleth likes this

Rule N+1: See rule #1.

Absolutely what @@Didz said. The client can never be trusted to provide valid information to say whether it's clean or not.

I guess if you don't know what it checks for it to be valid there would be no problem, but most cheaters aren't coders as they are using someone else's tool