Models and Customisation

So we had a few ideas for more customization before. I'd like to get a couple people to get on board with making some new player models.

Essentially what I want to start off with are robed additions to the default models, and actually it would be great to just build upon the default species, with the ability to surf on/off certain heads and outfits.

Having new species additions would be great as well. We can use the already made ones, like the Wookiee and Ongree.

I know @@CaptainCrazy was interested in helping out. I was wondering if @@Psyk0Sith would be willing to maybe help out? Seeing your work for the DF2 mod, it would be great to see that sort of thing add to the customization for JKA SP.

We could potentially replace default models/heads with better ones as well if possible. This can also apply to JK2 models as well.

Potential species options, both male and female versions of each:

Human - male | female

Rodian - male | female

Kel'Dor - male | female??

Zabrak - male | female

Twi'lek - male | female

Wookiee

Ongree

Ithorian

Vurk? / this

Nautolan

What other species?

CaptainCrazy likes this

@@CaptainCrazy we can chat via Skype since that's what you have, but eezstreet and I prefer to use Steam. We can work that out elsewhere. It would be nice if another modeler could join and work with you, since you still need to learn to rig models for this game, correct?

I've been working on Ithorian species. Considering Chagrian for Darth Wyyrlok and maybe Nautolan too.

It'd be great if we could use them!

How hard would it be to add robes to the existing models? Seems to be a rare thing. I'm wanting to have it added, while keeping the existing original outfits in tact. Perhaps more of a question for @@minilogoguy18 @@Psyk0Sith and maybe @@AshuraDX

Not that hard, it's just you'd have to sort out and rig a bunch of different body parts and recompile for each species.

So just really time consuming? It'd be great if someone could do that. I kinda started to learn to rig from @@minilogoguy18's video tutorials. I may take a stab at it again and figure it out from where those left off, but that will probably take a ton of more time than if an experienced modeler did it.

Oh you mean enveloping, dunno how in this community the word rig got stuck in there where rigging is like doing what I did for the animations, making a biped rig.

I really wanna finish those videos but with Autodesk killing Softimage the future of the software looks grim so I kinda lost a lot of interest. I also need a day where I wont be bothered so I can record in peace which hasn't happened in a long time.

I can rig/envelope but i don't know where to get the skeleton for JKA to do so.  It's on my list of things to look at, been juggling a lot of stuff lately.

I have nothing better to do today so I'll have a go at getting a character into the engine then see what i do from there :D

On a related note i do actually prefer to use XSI to rig and weight bones, I'm mainly a 3DS user but i find it to be too cumbersome when it comes to things such as this.

Which version of Softimage are you using? I think i submitted the skeleton as a Model (.emdl) file from version 6 so it should be able to be imported into nearly any version anyone out there may be using. I also of course have a custom biped rig that seems to work really well but it's only in the .exp (Mod Tool Scene) format, I'm thinking about going back and remaking it though in a newer version since I can't seem to find a way to transfer it.

Which version of Softimage are you using? I think i submitted the skeleton as a Model (.emdl) file from version 6 so it should be able to be imported into nearly any version anyone out there may be using. I also of course have a custom biped rig that seems to work really well but it's only in the .exp (Mod Tool Scene) format, I'm thinking about going back and remaking it though in a newer version since I can't seem to find a way to transfer it.

XSI 6 is what i have..

Been wanting to mess around with this stuff all day but apparently the file system is still offline -.-

Hey, guys I found a pk3. that has a bunch of different species that are in Spanki's Jedi robes (well some of them). Some are ported, but most are not, anyways here you go http://comport.jediholo.net/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=9430

It requires guests to login to view it. :P Could you upload it and post the link? I'll have a look. We aren't going to use any ports, and if the authors can be contacted, we may use the legit ones.