Moose showoff

About a year ago I made a model of a moose, but never textured it. I discovered it some days ago and realized I MUST put this in game, which I had intended even back then. So today I textured it and I'm happy with the results.

While I just wanted to show my moose (as captain Falcon says - "Show ya moose!"), I also have some questions.

This is supposed to be a vehicle. Can vehicles be set to attack you back if you attack them? Can they walk around on their own? And are there any Star Wars vehicle animations for four-legged creatures I should use, or do I have to animate it all myself? I'm prepared for the worst, but it could turn out very silly by my animation experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWTlMZr2PE&feature=youtu.be

mooserender.jpg

Asgarath83, Futuza and Lamented like this

Oh!! Is wonderful!!! :o: WOW GNUR! good job! Magnifique!! O__O

Animate? i remember i have see 2 animated model of 4 legs animals into filefront: one is hypostreeed and streed, yu can find searching streed or medieval on filefront site.

The other is in a map called naboo retreat (or something like that) is a little map with a lake, a tie fighter usable and flyable and a little lobby with some animals with 4 legs that i never exactly understand what hell they are. but they move better of streed.

I hope i had help you.

about the streeds i am sure, your problem will be to import the gla animations files into your model, import the skeleton of that's animal and using for your rig. maybe is better if you make your custom animation. adapt another skeleton to a model shoul be little nasty. i animated some crab monster fcreature with JA skeleton. hit work, but... LOL, i spitted blood for one week. :D

Boothand likes this

Thank you!

Yeah I'm probably best off doing custom animations. I didn't wanna "steal" or "borrow" animations from other modders, but would feel different if it was original base animations. I'll see how it turns out. I'll probably make another thread when I need help with these things :)

THIS IS AWESOME! Please could you rig it to the ja/jo _humanoid skeleton? I'm actually being serious here, I would love to play as a mouse in mp :) (It'll would probably have to walk on it's hind legs lol)

Not in the first round of events, however - if you're okay with horse, instead of moose, I have another project going on. It's actually a horse playable ingame, I just haven't textured it, and so it's completely brown until I texture it. I might just do that one of these days though!

It's on my other computer at the moment, but here's some older version of it I found on my dropbox: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Horseton.jpg?w=AADvCNuZ0rX-Gh6OTxjxGMKxiwwxZVFO-g52YP13y-WZSg [PICTURE, not pk3]

Omicron and Asgarath83 like this

I did with many models for my mod. yes, it's possible to animate with JA skeleton not humanoid modellings. basically yu need just to use pelvis, and legs bones. but is complicated, very complicated and the movement is not perfect. I try with a cat and a werewolf. good the wolf, a disaster the cat.

Not in the first round of events, however - if you're okay with horse, instead of moose, I have another project going on. It's actually a horse playable ingame, I just haven't textured it, and so it's completely brown until I texture it. I might just do that one of these days though!

It's on my other computer at the moment, but here's some older version of it I found on my dropbox: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Horseton.jpg?w=AADvCNuZ0rX-Gh6OTxjxGMKxiwwxZVFO-g52YP13y-WZSg

Could you send me your horse, even though it isn't textured? I get a dropbox 403 error from that link :/

Some pointers: make the ears bigger, the antlers look rather simplistic, they are a big focus point afterall. So make them "big and rounded" like this reference:

[pictures]

I'd love to see a hand painted texture on this, but it'd be quite a challenge.

You're definitely right about the ears. I've thought about it myself too, but I should probably do something about it as well. The antlers might be a bit flat, yeah. I'll see if I can do something about it without too much consequences (read: too much work). I'm quite happy with them other than that.

I spent some hours this morning trying to hand paint it actually! I had great ambitions doing it with photoshop, but I realized more and more that it was going to look absolutely ridiculous on top of the amount of work I spent on it. Maybe some other time, some other model.

Could you send me your horse, even though it isn't textured? I get a dropbox 403 error from that link :/

I'll let you wait a bit more and probably get a proper horse going in the near future (it looks completely flat shaded in-game... impossible to see depth).

You're definitely right about the ears. I've thought about it myself too, but I should probably do something about it as well. The antlers might be a bit flat, yeah. I'll see if I can do something about it without too much consequences (read: too much work). I'm quite happy with them other than that.

I spent some hours this morning trying to hand paint it actually! I had great ambitions doing it with photoshop, but I realized more and more that it was going to look absolutely ridiculous on top of the amount of work I spent on it. Maybe some other time, some other model.

I'll let you wait a bit more and probably get a proper horse going in the near future (it looks completely flat shaded in-game... impossible to see depth).

Ok, thanks, any idea how long on hold the horse will be?

Ok, thanks, any idea how long on hold the horse will be?

Depends on how it goes with the moose I think. Usually I'm mapping, but just got this moose-urge now. If something comes up so I have to wait before I go on, I might try to finish the horse. If not, it's probably after I'm done with the moose. I need to make sound effects for the horse as well. In the meanwhile I can only think of my Duck model as an equally funny alternative.

How random! I like random. That's pretty dang cool.

You should make some Star Wars related models too. The Geonosian arena creatures still need to be made, as far as I know.  :ph34r:

Haha. I'm making these models as part of my multiplayer co-op campaign which is set in a confusing hybrid between the present and the Star Wars universe. The Geonosians look like they currently outclass me...! Too many edges :D

Circa likes this

Haha. I'm making these models as part of my multiplayer co-op campaign which is set in a confusing hybrid between the present and the Star Wars universe. The Geonosians look like they currently outclass me...! Too many edges :D

Is possible to download this campaign? I wanna try. :D

Oh... LOL! Now i understand why yu have an avatar so strange and funny. XD i see the duck model!!! LOL, is so funny that can be used like easter egg in some mod. O.o Really, is TOO FUNNY! ROFTL :D Yu are a genius, friend. :D .

Is possible to download this campaign? I wanna try. :D

Oh... LOL! Now i understand why yu have an avatar so strange and funny. XD i see the duck model!!! LOL, is so funny that can be used like easter egg in some mod. O.o Really, is TOO FUNNY! ROFTL :D Yu are a genius, friend. :D .

Haha, afraid not! I haven't got very far yet.

I'm building everything from the foundations, which means making all textures, effects, models, etc etc myself. Thus, taking a lot more time, but a bit more fun!

It probably should!

I was, however, thinking of having it walk around on its own, possibly eating grass, until you use/jump on it. I'm still looking for answers to my initial questions in the first post, by the way! If anyone knows, do feel free to answer.

This is supposed to be a vehicle. Can vehicles be set to attack you back if you attack them? Can they walk around on their own?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The moose has been lying around longer than I intended, even after I fixed the things I wanted to fix. With that said, thanks to those who gave advice! I completely re-made the antlers. Today, I continued where I left off and made a UV layout that wasn't gonna squash my model when applying the texture paint (Zbrush), and it's ready to be rigged now. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

3dsmaxMoose.jpg

Omicron likes this