ME3 N7 Valiant Model

I was totally tempted to stream myself modeling so people could watch my process until I realized (a) my bitraate sucks, and (2) it slows my system down to a crawl and makes it hard to... y'know... actually model.

Edited by Inyri
SILLY SMILEY FACES

I have now made it look more like an actual gun, rather than a fancy javelin (no pun intended, Mass Effect 3 players).

kyrRI.png

EDIT

I felt like doing a 'pretty' render to prep for when it's 'finished'. I'll stop typing in 'code' now.

iBSwt.png

Makes a huge difference, doesn't it?

Edited by Inyri
i liek pictars
Caelum and Turquoise Dragon like this

So I finished the scope.

5aJsS.png

I tried to be really good, but still as many polies as a player model lol. I give up on being efficient -- I just want PURDY 8)

So here's the reference I'm working from, for easier comparison:

2225465-mass_effect_3_n7_sniper_rifle_super.png

As you can see I'm missing some details on the scope (I haven't just skipped them) as well as the body, but it's come along pretty well so far. Any crits? (More reference pics in the spoilers below).

ME3_N7_Valiant_Sniper_Rifle.png

masseffect32012-03-17ceafh.jpg

9125_dc15.jpeg

Edited by Inyri

For all that is holy, I have changed the thread title to actually describe what the thread is about. (Srs bsns.)

I did not really do any modeling today, but I made a nice render with some mock vertex shading that also shows some updates from yesterday evening.

GXQST.png

Link and Turquoise Dragon like this

I hate UV mapping so much... it's gonna delay things as I work up the inspiration to do it haha. I did, though, go ahead and rip the texture with texmod so that when I paint my own texture I'll have a very good reference for the minor details (sometimes a screenshot just doesn't cut it for that). Still have to finish a few minor details on the gun, as well as add the last few bits to the scope.

• 2 weeks later...