Star Wars Rebels

But the idea is most likely, that Luke is the legacy of the old Jedi Order. Perhaps the only one to continue it the right way.

But in the old canon, Luke's Order was way different from the old Order, in fact, the Exile's re-establishment of the Order was way more accurate (though that was probably either unintentional, or retcone). Besides, from TFA we already got the idea that he failed in re-establishing the Order and went all depressed and fled to Ireland :P

Back on the subject though, I really hope it won't be one of those "they all die in a big explosion" endings. That'd be just pathetic, for a number of reasons!

But for now...

image.png?w=1024&c=1

Fun fact #953090602: The guy above is/ was voiced by Mark Hamill

@@the_raven

We can assume (again), that the Jedi Order is not possible in its former form after Battle of Endor. Event he Jedi Temple on Coruscant can no longer serve the purpose of HQ or a mere Jedi Shelter – when Vader stormed the location with 501st legion, all the sacred and dear to the Jedi was also destroyed. Instead of garden of harmony and halls of knowledge, the Temple turned into a slaughterhouse and a graveyard, even further transformed into the symbolic architectural ensemble of the victory over the "treacherous Jedi" for all on Coruscant to see.

Even though Luke's attempt to restore the Order failed, he can still be the only one true to Jedi legacy. Even in case of Anakin Skywalker the prophecy worked in a most peculiar (and sad) way.

As for Ezra and Kanan, well, in case of the Rebels series they gain too much attention and grow too strong not to be noticed in later events of Episode IV for instance. So in one way or another there must a logical explanation, why such prominent characters such as these two don't show up during the most important events for the Galaxy.

Event he Jedi Temple on Coruscant can no longer serve the purpose of HQ or a mere Jedi Shelter – when Vader stormed the location with 501st legion, all the sacred and dear to the Jedi was also destroyed. Instead of garden of harmony and halls of knowledge, the Temple turned into a slaughterhouse and a graveyard, even further transformed into the symbolic architectural ensemble of the victory over the "treacherous Jedi" for all on Coruscant to see.

As for Ezra and Kanan, well, in case of the Rebels series they gain too much attention and grow too strong not to be noticed in later events of Episode IV for instance. So in one way or another there must a logical explanation, why such prominent characters such as these two don't show up during the most important events for the Galaxy.

Well, in the old canon, the Temple's been sacked in the past, and that never stopped anyone. However, since we're talking about the new canon, you might be right, the Temple has been profaned, even if people change their sentiment about the Jedi.

Well, they don't have to necessarily die, don't you think? They could just end up stranded on some far away planet, or something.

But anyway, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...

they should give him synthetic vision visor like Jorde from star trek.

Yeah, Geordi from Star Trek.. just watching that today and never thought about his visor for Kanan.

All that medical technology  in the Star Wars Universe and he can't get two new eyes. That seems odd to me.

They took the traits of many different characters from original stories and added them to the newer ones such as Ezra and Kanan. But it would be wrong to say, this wasn't done before – the first video games copied the adventures of Luke Skywalker in Episode IV, and while you are a different pilot there, you can actually blow up the first Death Star. Kyle Katarn himself was a mix of the classic characters from Star Wars – he was also from a farm family, from a planet similar to Tatooine. Some details differed though: Luke wanted to apply for Imperial Academy, while Kyle actually graduated from the one.

So this trailer shows, that the characters take upon the roles, which previously were occupied by others. But I can't say, this anyhow neglects the older guys – it is still possible for Dash Rendar to exist, for instance. Though it was cleared, that the ship we see in the trailer doesn't not belong to this guy.

Thrawn's return was long suspected, and I am glad we have him in the flesh now. It's bad, that they might rewrite all of his already established biography... He was a cool guy by many standards. As for Darth Maul – I am actually tired of this guy now. He is sooo overused. Nevertheless an interesting character, but I still prefer a more silent, yet deadlier Darth Maul.

• 1 month later...

I hope this will be the long-awaited end for Darth Maul at last. He should have died long ago, even though he is an interesting character.

But I like the idea of Witch magic, present above him, which indicates, that he "lives" solely through this sorcery from Dathomir.

Some people claim Boba Fett is also in this season, and Bo Takan has already been confirmed to return, probably giving some explanation on what actually happened to Mandalore after Satine's death (though we already know, that the Empire occupied the world and created the Imperial Academy there).

Mandalorian likes this