Circa

I definitely think that we need more hilts that are made available to the player in the game.

It would be awesome if we could get some contributors to making brand new original hilts from scratch.

Should we include the main hilts from the Star Wars movies? I was already working on a mod that brings the best made ones to put in the SP menu anyways, I could just include it along.

Any ideas? Anyone interested? I might try my hand at making some but I haven't even started learning yet.

I know @@MagSul is in the process of making one, maybe you would be interested in making more for this? Also, @@AshuraDX and @@ChalklYne are both crazy good and quick at making excellent saber models, interested?

Bek likes this

I would like to see a revised new version of @@AshuraDX's saber builder mod as well.

always interested

on my down time I'll check this thread and make whatever hilts are listed. lets get a list going

I'll come up with an original saber soon as well. 

Honestly, I say just go crazy with some originals if you can. Make your own hilts, but make sure to stay true to a Star Wars-style design.

Although, I have an idea.

Since @@hka1894 is wanting someone to make hilts for him, how about we collaborate? Take his hilt designs he made and start from there? That way we all benefit. If it's okay with him, maybe get a little creative with them, other than the basic designs he made. What do you think?

ChalklYne likes this

Here's my issue with sabers.

There's knobs to adjust the saber length and width.

If you can lift the saber telekenetically with the force, why can't you just adjust the saber length and width via the force by manipulating the gears and things inside without the use of a knob? I put the knobs in there to keep it canon, but, seems a bit redundant. 

katanamaru and Circa like this

Here's my issue with sabers.

There's knobs to adjust the saber length and width.

If you can lift the saber telekenetically with the force, why can't you just adjust the saber length and width via the force by manipulating the gears and things inside without the use of a knob? I put the knobs in there to keep it canon, but, seems a bit redundant. 

Its just there in case someone steals your lightsaber, that way they can still kill you with it.   :wacko:

therfiles, Circa and ChalklYne like this

JKG Developer

Whilst I appreciate the thought, Circa, my hilt making skills aren't in the same league as most others. When I decided to take a swing at it yesterday, it was my first time in years to get a functioning hilt into the game. On top of that, I used GMAX, which I gather from majority opinion is obsolete and there's another programme I'd be better off learning. (If anyone wants to give me advice on that, I'd be very interested!)

What I'd like to do to contribute (at least, to start), is add more facial customisations for the various Base Jadens. I thought 3 choices for each was a bit stingy of Raven. But hey, from what I hear they had some serious deadline issues and a lot more was scrapped than just a few more head options!

Circa and SOVIET CORSAIR like this

last work on the geometry. 

around 880 points and well under 1000 tris =D

Looks awesome man! I wonder where @@hka1894 is? This is for him as well!

Whilst I appreciate the thought, Circa, my hilt making skills aren't in the same league as most others. When I decided to take a swing at it yesterday, it was my first time in years to get a functioning hilt into the game. On top of that, I used GMAX, which I gather from majority opinion is obsolete and there's another programme I'd be better off learning. (If anyone wants to give me advice on that, I'd be very interested!)

What I'd like to do to contribute (at least, to start), is add more facial customisations for the various Base Jadens. I thought 3 choices for each was a bit stingy of Raven. But hey, from what I hear they had some serious deadline issues and a lot more was scrapped than just a few more head options!

I understand. If you get it down and are confident enough to add them in, feel free! As far as the customization goes, awesome! There's a thread for that too. It would be great if we could get a couple of people for that, for lots of variety.

I'll drop in all of my hilts you would like to include

and if you got soemthing specififc that seems itneresting enoguh for me to model

I might get to it

Hmm. I'm not sure. Originals would be best. I like your Wookiee ones, did you design those or are they based off of something?

Well, if we're discussing hilts...A hilt I always loved but unfortunately apparently nobody bothered to made, is the sweet-ass leather starting saber from SWTOR.

swtor-1321975789.jpg

swtor_starting_lightsaber_by_risiavyle-d

(The 2nd one is fanart, and as such, the red button and the red balls in the emitter are not actually in the saber)

Just sayin'.

I really like that lightsaber as well. Depends how others feel on it, though. Technically, it isn't an original design. Though if I can get a better handle on crafting lightsabers, I'll do it myself. That said, I think there're better references for that hilt to be found on Saber Forge's website. I may be slightly biased because I went and got it. >.>

Oh my god that's beautiful.