I think it was the best starkiller head!( i think  :winkthumb:   :D )

kgao.png

..looked very close, yes. lower lip edges might have needed a tad slimming (might be wrong though).

The hairline from the side seemed to be covering a bit too much of the temple zone..but from the front it looks right so i'm guessing maybe the forehead might have been a bit too wide but other than that...yeah, very close.

I think it was the best starkiller head!( i think  :winkthumb:   :D )

kgao.png

..looked very close, yes. lower lip edges might have needed a tad slimming (might be wrong though).

The hairline from the side seemed to be covering a bit too much of the temple zone..but from the front it looks right so i'm guessing maybe the forehead might have been a bit too wide but other than that...yeah, very close.

I'd say that was the closest because I was about done with it. I am still shaping this guy. It wasn't the best because the topo caused his lip folds to deform really weirdly when talking and with @@DT85 working on md3 faces or whatever it was I really wanted this guy to be able to accept better facial anims with no worries. So I started him over. Once I work on this mesh as much as I did that one It should not only look better but function better AND with less verts. So a necessary speedbump. I will keep hacking away at this and hopefully the next few days will show some kind of improvement.

What I will do from here on out, is work on 1 crit at a time. Let me post a new pic here soon within the hour and judging by immediate relevance I will take crits one at a time until each one is satisfied. So yeah let me take my little girl to school and I will post a pic soon.

negru_tudor likes this

I'd say that was the closest because I was about done with it. I am still shaping this guy. It wasn't the best because the topo caused his lip folds to deform really weirdly when talking and with @@DT85 working on md3 faces or whatever it was I really wanted this guy to be able to accept better facial anims with no worries. So I started him over. Once I work on this mesh as much as I did that one It should not only look better but function better AND with less verts. So a necessary speedbump. I will keep hacking away at this and hopefully the next few days will show some kind of improvement.

What I will do from here on out, is work on 1 crit at a time. Let me post a new pic here soon within the hour and judging by immediate relevance I will take crits one at a time until each one is satisfied. So yeah let me take my little girl to school and I will post a pic soon.

makes perfect sense :)  we'll try to come with suggestions as this goes along.

now go and be a good daddy ! :D

So... dear ChalkYne I think continue THIS head!  :winkthumb:

It will be GOOD  ;)

I am not sure which one you'r ereferring to. If you mean continue the head you posted then no XD Try to understand that it only looks better because of the mesh at a higher resolution. When broken back down to a low poly mesh it deforms back into shit. Also, there were triangles on the corners of his mouth that were causing weird problems with him talking. Also, understand that when I made the rendermaps of the shadows and Ambient Occlusion of the high mesh, then applied them to the low, it deformed the texture a bit because of the insane difference between the two. 

The head I am currently working on shall do.

No.. seriously...

4ef.gif

It will do.

Like I said just trust me and give it time. 

negru_tudor likes this

ok  :(  you now....master B) ......but please create a good face like ..you know...like the old face.....

AND RELEASE THIS FAST!!!  :D  :D B)  B)  :P  :winkthumb:

This is my favorite post of the year so far. We should be able to submit top posts or post of the day type of thing

@@Circa @@therfiles @@AshuraDX you fellas tell me if we could implement that

Circa, therfiles and negru_tudor like this

I dont't know is it help for you ChalklYne? It is a picture of the original starkillers face without textures!

http://www.artbymanny.com/gallery/starwars/meshes/starkillersculpt.jpg

Good luck my friend and May the FORCE be with you! :winkthumb:

And he is Sam Witwer ( Starkiller)

tlXPz.jpg

Starkiller head model without textures

starkillersculpt.jpg

I'd like help you, so I sand some pictures of starkiller!

Here you are!!

672407-sam_witwer_nc_thumb_super.jpg

9299a69d8674t.jpg

thats all YET!

I agree it was closer, but only because I worked on it longer. The topo was screwy and when you broke it back down to the lowest subdivision it lost too much of the shape because the original mesh and topo were shit. So I just need to work at this new head until it looks like the old one, then when I break it back down to a low subdivision it maintains most of its shape, and the topo flows good for deforms

I still have that head I'm looking at it now. I will send you an obj to look over if you wish and you might be able to see what I mean.

Oh wait, I fixed the topo on that head. Yeah that one's good to go XD I just didnt like how his nose and ears were modeled so I started over. That's right.

Well I can use either one doesn't metter to me. One will be starkiller and one will start getting deformed into militia faces.

Here is that head and topo in lowest subdivision

7bor.jpg

It doesn't look quite the same because this is without a rendermap of the high mesh shadows