Do you now? How many polys in that ther head? Maybe 7000 tris or so? And the polyflow is horrendously translated from 3dripper or whatever. Couldnt deform without little triangles poking everywhere. Dont even get me started on the triangles. Even if you cleaned that mesh up, youd be left with something way different than what you started with and the uv map and normals would all be screwed and hed have to be repainted.

Head is shit my freind. Its a bizarro version of a very beautiful model

Well I mean shape wise its spot on, because it's the actual head. Regardless of using that specific model, you can use it to base the new one.

I did... but also...its the "actual head" is morelike it... its Manny Llamas version of Sam Witwers head. Which indeed I will be using as a reference to sculpt and produce Chalks version of Sam Witwers head.

retopo

Since this thread. Is 46 pages long, its easy to overlook stuff.

I.e. i mentioned my disliking of the TFU model's Sam Witwer head... I wanted to make it look more like the actor in my finished version.

Show me one pic of SK from TFU that looks like Witwer...

Im going for this

cfaZTVq.jpg

Not this

5UDk9g9.jpg

DarthStiv likes this

What do you mean what's going on with the neck? That one there is an old version, that was not fixed with the textures of the body and the one with the head i fixed it but never updated it on SKFab. Don't worrie i won't release it that way ;):D

@@ChalklYne

I wanted only to help you with a good reference, that might give you a nice look, since personally I think you made one good head once and now you just make new versions that are far from what it is supposed to look like wow.

Edited by dark_apprentice

And the polyflow is horrendously translated from 3dripper or whatever. Couldnt deform without little triangles poking everywhere. Dont even get me started on the triangles. Even if you cleaned that mesh up, youd be left with something way different than what you started with and the uv map and normals would all be screwed and hed have to be repainted.

that's bullshit!

it's triangulated but the polyflow is intact, all essential loops are in place and the mesh is structured quite nicely so it could deform perfectly fine.

quadrangulating and reducing the polycount without messing up the UVs and normals would also be possible.

so yeah, this part of your post was bullshit.

dark_apprentice likes this

I didnt notice that was kobras (didnt click on it). Now that I have, and now that I have a bit more experience in modeling and animation, I can safely look back at that and do not want. No offense to HK I mean when I first saw this I gazmed years back. But I mean come on... Strap a belt to your chest or hip... there is no depth to the belt, no girth lol. In fact, it hugs your contours so closely, that the original TFU model upsets me. There is so much depth to all of his belts that it looks clunky to me and I cant even fathom the deformation issues in animating it. I say that a lot of the geometry (17000+ tris) on the original model shouldve been sculpted?

Its one of the many things that trouble me about the model and why I say Ill have a different version, but it should look cool.

nope, no displacement

displacement in game engines is mostly used in conjunction with tesselation, which we won't get for JKA, since a displacement map needs something to displace and therefore a dense topology to support it

Practicing painting. My first go at it with this model.

Here are some pics in textured decal mode so no shadows or anything

3fJMdj5.jpg

heres with shadows

VDgStgx.jpg

heres what I got so far painting it.

N7t1A3a.jpg

which is all just nonsense right now because I plan on going over it a few times. He looks all cartoony and stuff right now

Bek likes this

Made map objects all day... playing with this to change it up a bit. Still just splotches right now... trying to fine tune a witwer instead of a sk

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=0bc81db398545eb9c2b59b885b6f15b3&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=1339&p=107282&md5check=c8a621c9c2c94e73b658222a11cb5591&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,iIY0GSrKN1g'); //]]></script>DX2okec.jpg

&&0

getting closer :)

Just finished the TIE Facility throwables... am now moving on to finishing up its map objects

LDA8VEY.jpg

Disregard the ear obviously. I have one already done I can just clip over.

Oh, btw... this is on a 4096 texture 0_0

but its not just a head, its his entire body so I can sculpt his chest and stuff and his shirtless skins wont have seams and will flow nicely. Ill extract his head and make it separate as well and have lower res textures, but for now Ill be sculpting his torso arms and head on one texture map

• 2 weeks later...

What a confusing thread XD

I appreciate that more accurate skin, not sure why its here... did you need it critiqued? From the back? Lol Ill try

His neck looks like Apocolypse from the new Xmen movie. Hair looks a bit dark. Hell idunno

Heres the thing with me and why I wont accept anyone elses rendition of SK...

It dont look right. I like his straps... and his scars... and his cloth folds... ill need stuff to be painfully accurate to personally enjoy it

Bek likes this

What a confusing thread XD

I appreciate that more accurate skin, not sure why its here... did you need it critiqued? From the back? Lol Ill try

His neck looks like Apocolypse from the new Xmen movie. Hair looks a bit dark. Hell idunno

Heres the thing with me and why I wont accept anyone elses rendition of SK...

It dont look right. I like his straps... and his scars... and his cloth folds... ill need stuff to be painfully accurate to personally enjoy it

the model doesnt have facial movement and its from md2