I look too much into the deatails before I lock in the basic shapes... take note of this and do not repeat the same mistakes. This sculpt, even though it has UV's, will need to be re-unwrapped because of how bad Ive distorted the verts in the sculpting stage. So any color you see is an absolute waste of my time and makes no difference. The problem is... I get a decent sculpt together and then graft on different images as a texture, which is what most people do in this situation with Zbrush. What Im realizing is that the shadow angles will never match up and he will look weird from a certain angle and spot on in others. Thats a no. Take note and never do that as well. He needs no images applied once I get the sculpt correct, he should be hand painted with spattered alpha skin tones, short hair brushed eyebrows, inset drag dot pores...

So, when you say things like "what happened to the SK on page %@?, that ones better..." chances are he was suffering. Beyind repair, not on the outside... but on the inside lol

Ill post a wireframe in a bit when I get all the way up... we will start over from there and I wont move on any stage of it til I get crits.

Post a video of the sculpt so you can see whats going wrong?

Its his jawline in that wirefrane, I can see that now.

Seven likes this

I reflect at times like this, when Minilogoguy would tell me to stop coloring the damn thing until its right, or Ashura telling me to stahhp sculpting until I lock the base shapes down. It seems however that I am stubborn and had to learn that myaelf the looonnng way.

So, if you are an artist looking to get into characters, but are stubborn like me abd just cant wait to apply the texture... then youre going to have a bad time. Take joy in your sculpt and the likeness you can achieve without color. Some of your favorite screenshots may very well turn out to be the shadows in the ambient occlusion renders from a real nice sculpt.

Also makes texturing a breeze if you get a basic understanding of skin tones and where theyre applied.

Bek likes this

Its too fat and down too low is what i see so far from firat glance. Im going to take my time tomorrow and really focus on these type of things before i subdivide again and get into eyebrows and pores and the such