Seven's Random WIP Thread

Before I head to bed, here's a look at TFU Ben Kenobi

YQH7Ur1.png

Congrats on that one, but as we all know the original face texture of old Ben in TFU during gameplay makes him look good, but just the texture with no shaders or any map ligths makes him old and sick. Needs cleaning a bit (the skin).

Seven likes this

Impressive. Still this Haps' robes makes my eyes bleed, why does everyone use them as a base lol?)

Amazing work anyway!

What's wrong with the robes? Haps' Anakin and Obi wan robes are probably the best there is.

@@Seven do you have normal maps for the TFU heads? if you do you can use them to improve the currently very flat look of the textures.

To do that get Xnormal first, once you have that export the head you ported as a .obj (hair and what else mgiht use the same textures included).

Open Xnormal and go to Tools and look for the Object/Tangent space converter, run that and load the exported head as the lowpoly mesh, load your normal map as the input normal map and set the converter to "convert tangent space to object space".

if done correctly it will produce an image that looks similiar to this.

if you have that, open the head texture and your new object space normal map in Gimp or whatever else you use for skinning, first take a look at the Object space map.

Disable the Red and blue Color channels (leaving you with the green channel), you should see that the upwards facing areas are lightly colored while the down facing areas are dark. Select everything and copy this over to the head texture (on a new layer)

set that Layers blendmode to "soft light" and decrease the opacity to about 60%

Now you'll do the same with the blue channel of the object space normal map, copy it over to a new layer and set that layer to "multiplay" and about 30% opacity, this should darken the backside of the models textures.

sounds doable?

yeyo JK and Seven like this

@@Seven do you have normal maps for the TFU heads? if you do you can use them to improve the currently very flat look of the textures.

To do that get Xnormal first, once you have that export the head you ported as a .obj (hair and what else mgiht use the same textures included).

Open Xnormal and go to Tools and look for the Object/Tangent space converter, run that and load the exported head as the lowpoly mesh, load your normal map as the input normal map and set the converter to "convert tangent space to object space".

if done correctly it will produce an image that looks similiar to this.

if you have that, open the head texture and your new object space normal map in Gimp or whatever else you use for skinning, first take a look at the Object space map.

Disable the Red and blue Color channels (leaving you with the green channel), you should see that the upwards facing areas are lightly colored while the down facing areas are dark. Select everything and copy this over to the head texture (on a new layer)

set that Layers blendmode to "soft light" and decrease the opacity to about 60%

Now you'll do the same with the blue channel of the object space normal map, copy it over to a new layer and set that layer to "multiplay" and about 30% opacity, this should darken the backside of the models textures.

sounds doable?

I have the maps yes, and this sounds very promising. I'll give it a shot when I get home today.

Actually, I need an alternative of xnormal for mac.

Awesome work pal :)

Maybe do max payne and ea sw battlefront luke? :)))

I PM'ed you about Max, and I'll get to him soonish. And for luke I cannot find the model for him. A lot has been extracted from Battlefront, but I haven't seen Luke yet. Let me know if you see anything.

I wouldn't do EA Battlefront stuff. The new games don't have the same EULA section the pre-EA games do, so they could bring trouble.

Well isn't it ok if I put it in link in the forum?

Well isn't it ok if I put it in link in the forum?

putting a link here won't save you from trouble if a any company sues you for violating their EULA/Copyright by spreading their content for free.

But JKHub.org remains mostly uneffected in this case since we're not hosting the file.

Bek likes this

putting a link here won't save you from trouble if a any company sues you for violating their EULA/Copyright by spreading their content for free.

But JKHub.org remains mostly uneffected in this case since we're not hosting the file.

At most it would likely be taken down correct? I wouldn't think they would actually sue me.