MUG's List of Mods EVERYONE should have.

I thought I would throw a few lists together of files that you should just have.

Improvements to base that everyone should have:

• Complete Console Font by @@eezstreet - Adds some missing characters to the console.
  • JK2 Taunts for JK3 by @@SiLink - Puts in the sounds for all the JK2 models that are missing their sounds in JKA.
  • Textureless Swoop Fix by @@MagSul - Does what it says on the tin. If someone spawns the default "swoop" vehicle in multiplayer, you normally get an awkward grey mess, this mod replaces that texture-less swoop with the colour swoop of your choice.
  • Base Customisation Complete by Your's Truely - Adds customisation support to most base models, by giving them all access to around 100 parts each from other base models.
  • Ingame Menus by @ - Lets you browse servers, start up games, and view demos, without disconnecting from your current server.
  • Improved Base Scope by Me again >.> - Basically removes (or makes transparent) the huge black edges of the Disruption Rifle's scope and adds a cross-hair so you can see the entire screen and can actually aim. I know its another mod by me, but I added it as it fits the mission statement, to improve base content. Has various options to get your preferred look.
  • Improved Animated Base Chat Icon by Myself - Three variations on the default bubble, moving the stalk so that it points to the player, rather than next to him, base bubble with animated dots, or the improved bubble with animated dots.
  • Broken staff sabers for SP by @@minilogoguy18 - A mod which adds support for the unfinished Single Player feature in which staffs can occasionally get broken in half. This works by adding some models which represent half of each of the base staff hilts, and adding a line to their .sab files to enable the feature. It's on the list as it enables a base feature which never got finished. Good stuff.
  • Jaden Hoth Fix by @@minilogoguy18 - I've seen quite a few different versions of this over the years, but they are basically all identical so it doesn't really matter whose version you use. This lets you select the hoth clothes when creating a Jaden character.

JA+ Related Stuff - Pretty much every open server uses this mod. You should have it.

• JA++ by @ - A far superior version of the JA+ client, compatible with ja+ servers. It has a bajillion awesome features and is so so so much better than Sliders client. If you play on ja+ servers, you are insane if you dont use this mod.
  • New Black Saber by @@Shadow - Replaces the ja+ black saber with a far nicer one, with a white core like all other sabers, making it actually visible.

Maps - The most awesome and commonly used maps.

• Jedi's Home (JL) V2 by @@Stone - An old and highly used map full of secrets. A great number of other custom maps copy ideas from this one.
  • Sith Council V3 by @@Kahn - Another very widely used map (along with version two which many prefer). Used on a number of servers, lots of Roleplayability.
  • The Academy V3 - A hugely popular map made by Virtue for thejediacademy.net. Famous for its number duelling and practice rooms.
  • Atlantica by @@Szico VII - A vast and very pretty map set in a very cool underwater structure.
  • FFA Bespin Ported to JKA by Tysplo - Adds FFA_Bespin to JKA. Used on a few major servers, so worth keeping in base.

Hydroball - If you play Hydroball, these files are a must.

• Hydroball II Mod by Rich Whitehouse - The mod that brings you Hydroball, the game in which jedi.....play football.....underwater...
  • Hydroball Ball Pack by @@MagSul - This lets you replace the almost invisible blue default ball with your choice of colour or a traditional football skin.
  • Hydroball Map Pack by totally-not-me-again - I list this as these are the only maps that were used in our weekly Hydroball matches. Although these matches are not running at the moment.

Please post anything that you think should be added to this list. Its a work in progress.

Polterninja34 and YesImSev like this

Zkyo actually stole my idea of the ingame server list :| I released my mod three years earlier

xD Well, his is the one I've used, so posted it as I know it works =P. If you have a version of it that works, get it on the hub, as i'd rather link to a file on teh hub than jk2files =P

Hm, I've got a few of the mods you posted.

The other ones I haven't gotten because I don't see the need for them anymore, not for me anyways.

I am pretty much just in the RP clan when it comes to actually playing the game, so yeah.. :P

But still, really good mods, all of them. If I still played JA+/Base I'd get all of them. :P

I do have that Skyline one that Caelum posted. xD

Sentra likes this

xD Well, his is the one I've used, so posted it as I know it works =P. If you have a version of it that works, get it on the hub, as i'd rather link to a file on teh hub than jk2files =P

Just did so :D

Edit: Don't approve the file yet!!!! I just recognized some bugs -.- Always happens when you already submitted the dem file D:

Sentra likes this

Vid makers should definately make sure they have PUGMod by teh, it allows for smoothcams similar to q3mme

Ye, but pugmod is nothing EVERYONE should have :P

Maybe someone should make a thread/tutorial about movie-making.

MUG likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to find Makermod in the list.

It is now rendered invalid.

Makermod is not for everyone. Idea is that this list has stuff that most people are going to have a use for. I can tell you this cause I have never even accidentally visited a makermod server.

also

The FFA bespin link doesn't work

Only because jk2files doesn't work most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...