Jedi Knight Galaxies Release

In fact I am seeing 4 servers with the same IP and different ports. My guess is the entire machine got wiped.

Heh that happened with magnavolge...send them an angry ticket. :)

Don't suppose you remember what the default rcon pass was, assuming yours came with one?

Not the account holder. This is why I didnt want to accept rach's free server in the first place xD It'll be fine they said. you wont need direct control of the server they said.

The host s using a downloaded server package (jampded/server.cfg) if you could find out the source of it you could view the rcon. Just hope they hadnt put //..

the rcon defaults to "" so cant be used. We already had a go at hijacking it xD. not that that would help, as we need to get it off base anyway.

http://www.anonmgur....335cfa5a90d.bmp

4 years of reusing other peoples files and assets only to lock them down in your mod. Also why include readme's of other peoples work if you can't even open them let alone READ them? Modding community has always been open. Lot of people learned from trial and error and file tinkering but what do you have here in a matter of 4 years?

You might want to setup a proper zip file that has all peoples readme's instead of promoting a mod like you guys did all the work. See why people like Hapslash stopped doing models, also nice job using his own stormtrooper model.

Think I'll stick to waiting on jk2files for uploading regardless of it's website bugs. At least when people put files up they give credit where credit is due and don't spend 4 years locking down open source files. Also seeing how Sm0ke's readme is in there I'm curious on if you guys got the source but I get a feeling with how files are locked down you probably just decompiled the original map.

soniamdissapoint.jpg

Whether people are against porting or file altering isn't the point. Bottom line is, give credit where credit is due pcgamemods2.0

Szico VII likes this

All used with permission, and only a select few have access to the credits page on the site. As for the readmes, mistakes do happen and we'll try to get those included in the next release. We just forget these kind of things in the heat of things. We'll try and fix that in the future with a .zip.

4 years of reusing other peoples files and assets only to lock them down in your mod.

Here's the problem I have with that logic. You cannot possibly assume that we spent an entire solid 4 years developing this mod. There were a lot of internal issues in the mod team itself, and at least 3 major internal team reconstructions since I joined the team. I think it's pretty ignorant to assume that we've been on the same track this entire time. It's like saying "WTF DUEK NUKEM FOERVEVER HAS BEEN IN WOERKS FOR 12 YEARS BUT STILL SHIT". Or, "WTF PREY WAS IN WORKS FOR 6 YEARS BUT STILL SHIT" (well Prey was a good game, but that's aside the point)

Also why include readme's of other peoples work if you can't even open them let alone READ them?

Those PK3s were automatically protected and were made before the protection even existed, and the person who made some of these PK3s is no longer in the team or even JA modding at this point. We probably should have looked, I agree. But no reason to throw a fit about something.

Modding community has always been open.

Correction: the modding community has been very intertwined, interconnected and generally speaking very close to each other. That does -not- mean the modding community is always open or should be open. How would you feel if your stuff was taken and used by KotF? (You should probably blame them or UAG for this decision) We're not the first ones though: Median XL and Moviebattles have both put in measures (or are going to put in measures) to prevent files being tampered with or contents stolen.

You might want to setup a proper zip file that has all peoples readme's instead of promoting a mod like you guys did all the work.

I wasn't aware of such an issue before you pointed this out. We'll be sure to include all the readmes next time.

See why people like Hapslash stopped doing models, also nice job using his own stormtrooper model.

Hapslash didn't leave because of that. It had everything to do with people throwing unnecessary heat and insults his way (how ironic).

Think I'll stick to waiting on jk2files for uploading regardless of it's website bugs. At least when people put files up they give credit where credit is due and don't spend 4 years locking down open source files.

Yeah you're right. JKFiles just takes 4 years for files to get published.

How long did it take for Nozyspy to even get to Gunslinger's Academy? Like 5+ months?

And that's pretty ridiculous to assume that JKFiles is always so perfect. They had KotF and other files that were ported or stolen on the site before. But when they found out to be wrong, they were taken off the site and corrected.

Also seeing how Sm0ke's readme is in there I'm curious on if you guys got the source but I get a feeling with how files are locked down you probably just decompiled the original map.

I don't even know what map you're referring to actually.

Whether people are against porting or file altering isn't the point. Bottom line is, give credit where credit is due pcgamemods2.0

I like how you bring JKHub into this randomly. Never mind the fact that JKHub is the best JKA file and community site out there right now.

I do think there should be a list of complete credits...or maybe Im just missing it?

As Erstrok mentioned, it's entirely likely that some of those were forgotten.

That's the worst rationalization I've ever heard.

Indeed.