Jedi Knight Galaxies Release

As per the news post on this site, I regret to be the bearer of such an ill-fated release. I'd like to apologize for the dozens (if not hundreds) of people that were displaced by JKG's release fiasco. Allow me to explain.

See, we were always developing the mod, but skimped out a little when it came down to the nitty gritty. As a result of a lack of foresight and stress testing measures performed by our staff, TerranGaming was forced to be shut down whenever the floodgates of people came. To make matters worse, the ZIP version of our mod still has yet to become available on Moddb.

In hindsight, we probably also should not have had to force our server issues on Cael. We only did so because it was delaying the mod further. The main reason we were delayed was because Kimsufi (our dedicated server provider) refused to give service to our mod team due to nationality (team leader is Swedish, they only accept US, Canada, UK and Ireland).

In short, it was a mess. Things were further exacerbated by the fact that trying to move the launcher packages in one quick go caused a bit of chaos in the system, but I am working on controlling that. Let the records show however that I do know PHP, just very little of it. ;)

Hopefully you can see past the launch issues and will play with us some more in the future.

...that came out bad.

Today I was inspired by a man who told me, "They will not care if it takes forever, or if [the release] is marred by issues. It is the goal and what you make of yourself that matters."

Release dates are always a bitch. I would sympaphise, if it wasn't for fact that after all your mess with the launch, the game crashes on start up, and I still can't try it out xD

It should be considerably more stable after the end of the week. Much, much more stable. There was a lot of chaos. After we get the next major revision out the door, it should be stable.

dunno why but after clientupdate patch i cant play. :P

Should now be fixed.

So I thought I would give the mod another shot as i didn't really give it a chance the first time. When I download the zip from the hub it crashes when it tries to connect, when I try the launcher, it crashes on the installer. Any suggestions as to how to actually make it work?

So I thought I would give the mod another shot as i didn't really give it a chance the first time. When I download the zip from the hub it crashes when it tries to connect, when I try the launcher, it crashes on the installer. Any suggestions as to how to actually make it work?

The download servers are still under a high level of stress. We're working diligently to get them move over to a JKHub setup which will be more stable.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes thats what I said? But it keeps trying to make me re-update to the same version.

This happened to me until I realised it was installing Jedi Knight Galaxies folder INSIDE the original Jedi Knight Galaxies folder. So, I had the updated version inside the non-updated version. Double check where it is installing to, and make sure Jedi Knight Galaxies isn't the *folder* it's being installed into.

?

At the time I posted that, the server CP for Kak was showing this:

Y4F4z.jpg

However, the control panel doesn't even list Kak when I checked just now...as if either the server doesn't exist at all or it is no longer tied to my account.