Which Jedi Knight mission was the hardest?

I can safely say that we've all found that one mission that was difficult, either because we reached a certain point where there were no health pickups and the next room we're ambushed by Lightsaber wielding mad men, or because...well...we didn't have the patience to take things slow.

For me I found a couple of missions hard either because I struggled to understand where I had to go, or the NPC I was supposed to get past was stronger than anticipated.

Yavin_Final on Jedi Outcast was one I disliked, it was a maze and even if you got through it, Desann was like fighting a damn tank that could take you down quickly if you didn't react quick enough. Notorious for using Lightning 3, blocking most swings and being the one to grab that brief power up if you activated the column before you could jump in. He was the bane of my playthroughs, even on the easiest difficulty I ended up having to fight with god mode because I became so damn frustrated with him.

Another was the Cairn Dock, that stealth mission from Outcast, where slipping up meant you got a visit from an interrogation droid and a 'Game Over', thus having to start over from your last save (or the entire mission if you forgot). I recently did a play through for old time sake and to see if I got any ideas for my npc patch file, in the end I had to turn on 'd_npcfreeze' just to get past the last couple rooms. When I first played however, god no it was something I loathed, I had no idea what I was doing and quit the game to look up cheats and then just noclipped to the top and finished the mission that way. 

It's a little disappointing that no other star wars game (that I know of) featured such a test of patience, Jedi Academy could have been interesting if they'd had a map like that in place of the Rancor missions which seemed rather pointless and 99% of the time are skipped by me.

But what about you guys, what mission(s) did you hate and why?

Edited by Zeros Darok

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

A year ago I tried to play through JK2 on Jedi Master, using only checkpoints.

Nar Shaddaa on Jedi Master mode is a nightmare. Every new door is just an opportunity to disintegrate at the hands of a super trained sharpshooter Rodian, always ready, never sleeps. This is far as I got..

The mission where you fight ATSTs for the first time was really hectic on Jedi Master as well. The beginning of the mission must be planned to every exact detail. I probably needed 20+ retries before starting to get it down.

When I first got JK2 and JKA (I was what, 11 I think?) and didn't even know about the whole "quicksave" thing. So I went through both using only checkpoints and they were insanely hard for me back then. That's one reason why I loved them, because they challenged me. Now of course they're a lot easier, even on Jedi Master. I never even attempted that back then. :lol:

That stealth mission on JK2 might be my favorite, even though it was hard. I love stealth missions and games.

I think back when I first played through, the hardest was Taspir (without using checkpoints). That area that you have to go through the factory. So annoying. :lol:

BruceJohnJenner likes this

I think the OP is thinking of cairn_dock, not cairn_bay. :P

Yes I did, thanks for pointing out my mistake haha.

Ye when I finished JK2 on highest difficulty nar shadda streets fucked me up big times

I know what you mean, too many snipers, not enough health/shield packs.

When I first got JK2 and JKA (I was what, 11 I think?) and didn't even know about the whole "quicksave" thing. So I went through both using only checkpoints and they were insanely hard for me back then. That's one reason why I loved them, because they challenged me. Now of course they're a lot easier, even on Jedi Master. I never even attempted that back then. :lol:

That stealth mission on JK2 might be my favorite, even though it was hard. I love stealth missions and games.

I think back when I first played through, the hardest was Taspir (without using checkpoints). That area that you have to go through the factory. So annoying. :lol:

Vjun was another of my least favorites, too many reborns for my tastes. As for Taspir, I hated the part where you have to get over the lava and have hazard troopers shooting you with a concussion rifle and a repeater.

t3_byss is probably the hardest to speedrun, because of the amount of instakill that happens there with the rockettroopers and heavytroopers.

t3_byss had non of those...it was all stormtroopers on a massive ship, it was like a maze where you kept going in circles.

The last time that I tried to best Jedi Academy on Jedi Master mode, I was slaughtered by Tusken Raiders. :P

EDIT: I tried it again shortly after posting the above.  :rolleyes:

7FGDD6J.jpg

Update #2: I've abandoned using the lightsaber; the blaster pistol's where it's at.  :winkthumb:

Update #3: Moved onto Mercenary Activity. So far I've been trip mined, detonated, disintegrated and blasted to pieces by three different weapons!

Fuse294 likes this

The last time that I tried to best Jedi Academy on Jedi Master mode, I was slaughtered by Tusken Raiders. :P

EDIT: I tried it again shortly after posting the above.  :rolleyes:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=52d47d0b1930e7c156e112466ded2e53&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7286&p=104429&md5check=92a50daaa4d95dc76a10742993b2695d&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,MDEpvW9Spnk'); //]]></script>7FGDD6J.jpg

&&0

Update #2: I've abandoned using the lightsaber; the blaster pistol's where it's at.  :winkthumb:

Update #3: Moved onto Mercenary Activity. So far I've been trip mined, detonated, disintegrated and blasted to pieces by three different weapons!

Oh dear god....I laughed!

I reran byss last night and turns out I was indeed wrong as people pointed out about hazard and rocket troopers.

BruceJohnJenner likes this

Im surprised noone has mentioned the Falling Ship level from Dark Forces II, the one where you not only have to find the Moldy Crow, you have to find the controls to extend the platform to reach it, and get back to the ship while on the clock (what is it, 2-5 minutes depending on what your difficulty setting is?). Oh, and yeah, gravity will be changing continuously throughout the level, which makes navigating almost impossible.

I loved the Cairn stealth level though. Jedi Academy would have been so much better if Taspir and/or Korriban were done similar to that.