Dagobah Luke (is it really possible?)

Was wondering, why there is no actual model of Luke from Dagobah, but not just the outfit (as there is one or two attempts on it). I was experimenting to make a frankenstein version, but since I am not a modeler nor I'm familiar with the JKA modding techniques, I thought I'd may ask you guys.
What do you think, is it possible to make such a frankenstein-ed model, of Luke with his Dagobah outfit + Master Yoda over his pack, or a puppet Yoda? Personally i don't like much the model of Toshi's Yoda, however there is no other one made that is good for JKA. Some time ago, i've found a 3D model of the old Yoda as we know him from the OT movies, but it's really not for JKA.

So at the moment in Blender it looks like this (until it goes to ModView, where it screams that the bones are too much and i must make the model again from 0 to the end).

rjEqbJv.jpg

krkarr, Jolly, GPChannel and 1 other like this

Was wondering, why there is no actual model of Luke from Dagobah, but not just the outfit (as there is one or two attempts on it). I was experimenting to make a frankenstein version, but since I am not a modeler nor I'm familiar with the JKA modding techniques, I thought I'd may ask you guys.

What do you think, is it possible to make such a frankenstein-ed model, of Luke with his Dagobah outfit + Master Yoda over his pack, or a puppet Yoda? Personally i don't like much the model of Toshi's Yoda, however there is no other one made that is good for JKA. Some time ago, i've found a 3D model of the old Yoda as we know him from the OT movies, but it's really not for JKA.

So at the moment in Blender it looks like this (until it goes to ModView, where it screams that the bones are too much and i must make the model again from 0 to the end).

rjEqbJv.jpg

Remove the arms they have model parts and just frankenstein the arms from the model that is already shirt less. It looks weird when his arm part is model as cloth
Jolly likes this

Remove the arms they have model parts and just frankenstein the arms from the model that is already shirt less. It looks weird when his arm part is model as cloth

waaaiit wait, i don't get it :D remove the arms of Yoda?! or the arms of Yoda's robe? At the moment of the screenshopt i've posted above, Yoda is just the body, arms and head, legs are deleted

waaaiit wait, i don't get it :D remove the arms of Yoda?! or the arms of Yoda's robe? At the moment of the screenshopt i've posted above, Yoda is just the body, arms and head, legs are deleted

Think he was referencing Luke because the shoulder partially blends with the tunic.

Yep exactly. It is not in the shape of the muscles but in the shirt shape

Ahh, well the model wasn't made by me (as textures as well), i could try to fix that. Main problem is that when i put Yoda as a smaller character behind, on the bag and export it, it's all ok, but when i try to load the model's Glm file in ModView, it warns me that the model has too much bones:

Model has 88 surfaces, but only 87 of them are connected up through the heirarchy, the rest will never be recursed into.

This model needs rebuilding, guys...

Ahh, well the model wasn't made by me (as textures as well), i could try to fix that. Main problem is that when i put Yoda as a smaller character behind, on the bag and export it, it's all ok, but when i try to load the model's Glm file in ModView, it warns me that the model has too much bones:

Model has 88 surfaces, but only 87 of them are connected up through the heirarchy, the rest will never be recursed into.

This model needs rebuilding, guys...

Check if the model parts are parent too each other correctly. They should be parent to each other BUT only to the main parts - Head,torso etc.

dark_apprentice likes this

I think you lost the point of the OP. He knows that DT's version exists. He just wants to Frankenstein Yoda onto his back.

Right, but he's not using the right version. Looks like he reskinned the Bespin version to look like the Dagobah version, hence the weird arm formations where the pockets were. If that's what he wants, then by all means, but in case he missed the already made version, I recommend using that for this.

Having a Yoda backpack in JKA would be awesome and creepy at the same time. In MP, you wouldn't be able to make Yoda move or talk or anything, it would just be a static model. In SP, it would make more sense to code some sort of NPC class or script that allows a model to be on the back and still function.

Well actually i didn't know where this model came from my hard disk. I know that DT has a model of Dagobah Luke, that is much better, than what i am using at the moment. No i didn't make the reskining, except for the black vest into more beige-ish color and tried to put Yoda on him with the bag. @@DT85 you mean to use your model or? (sorry i am almost asleep after today's hard day at work). I will be able to post an update on Saturday & Sunday.

Problems are: the Yoda model still has it's: torso_0.001 and so on of each parts, and also when I exported the model and opened up in ModView, it looks so weird now I'm getting so depressed :(

fB18Azu.jpg

Man.. Remove completely all tags from Yoda, all caps and make it the models parts that are parent to the Torso. Name the objects Yoda1,Yoda2,Yoda3... his arms, head and torso.

The Luke's part should be named :

Head_0

Torso_0

l_arm_0

r_arm_0

etc.

Yoda shouldnt be a main part. He is now only the detail part.

Also check the .skin file. The paths to the models parts are messed up

dark_apprentice likes this